|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Handbook of Pharmaceutical Excipients
Lowest new price: $324.00
Lowest used price: $391.10
List price: $495.00
The Handbook of Pharmaceutical Excipients is internationally recognised as the authoritative source of information on pharmaceutical excipients giving a comprehensive guide to uses, properties and safety. The handbook collects together essential data on the physical properties of excipients as well as providing information on their safe use and potential toxicity. All 380 monographs are also thoroughly cross-referenced and indexed to allow their identification by chemical, non-proprietary or trade names. Monographs benefit from a standardized, easy-to-use template and include: * pharmacopoeial information from the UK, Europe, Japan and the United States where relevant; * non-proprietary names and synonyms; * chemical name, CAS Registry number, empirical formula, molecular weight; * functional category, applications and incompatibilities; * material description and typical properties; * safety, stability, storage and handling information; * method of manufacture; * related substances; * primary references; * editorial comments; * author details and revision date. Includes one year's free single user access to the online version via MedicinesComplete.
|Fundamentals of General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry (6th Edition)
Lowest new price: $60.00
Lowest used price: $1.30
List price: $210.40
Author: John E. McMurry
This best-seller bears the hallmark of all John McMurry’s books. On style, it is concise and avoids the ‘wordiness’ of most GOB texts. On substance, it is unusual in its balance of chemical concepts to explain the quantitative aspects of chemistry, and provides greater depth of insight into the theoretical chemical principles. This makes for a wider spectrum of the different angles from which to view chemistry, and thus, captures a greater number of readers. With a focus on problem solving and engaging discussions of relevant applications, this volume effectively covers the essentials of allied health chemistry and puts it in the context of everyday life. This revision adds two new authors; the author team now includes a specialist in each specific area of GOB (David Ballantine, General Chemistry; Carl Hoeger, Organic Chemistry; Virginia Peterson, Biochemistry). Measurements, Atoms and Elements, Nuclear Radiation, Compounds and Their Bonds, Chemical Reactions and Quantities, Energy and Matter, Gases, Solutions, Chemical Equilibrium, Acids and Bases, Introduction to Organic Chemistry: Alkanes, Unsaturated Hydrocarbons, Alcohols, Phenols, Ethers, and Thiols, Aldehydes, Ketones, and Chiral Molecules, Carbohydrates, Carboxylic Acids and Esters, Lipids, Amines and Amides, Amino Acids and Proteins, Enzymes and Vitamins, Nucleic Acid and Protein Synthesis, Metabolic Pathways for Carbohydrates Metabolic Pathways and Energy Production, Metabolic Pathways for Lipids and Amino Acids. A useful reference for allied health professionals.
|Bioconjugate Techniques, Third Edition
Lowest new price: $92.51
Lowest used price: $93.63
List price: $124.95
Author: Greg T. Hermanson
Bioconjugate Techniques, 3e provides highly detailed information on the chemistry, reagent systems, and practical applications for creating labeled or conjugate molecules. It also describes dozens of reactions with details on hundreds of commercially available reagents and the use of these reagents for modifying or crosslinking peptides and proteins, sugars and polysaccharides, nucleic acids and oligonucleotides, lipids, and synthetic polymers.
*Offers a one-stop source for proven methods and protocols for synthesizing bioconjugates in the lab
*Provides step-by-step presentation makes the book an ideal source for researchers who are less familiar with the synthesis of bioconjugates
*Features full color illustrations
*Includes a more extensive introduction into the vast field of bioconjugation and one of the most thorough overviews of immobilization chemistry ever presented
|Drug-like Properties: Concepts, Structure Design and Methods: from ADME to Toxicity Optimization
Lowest new price: $66.08
Lowest used price: $58.85
List price: $99.95
Author: Edward Kerns
This book provides drug discovery scientists and students with a practical understanding of property fundamentals, effects, structure-property relationships, and structure modification strategies that can be applied to improving leads. Property assays are discussed because of the crucial nature of method selection and understanding of the data for informed decisions.
- Important tool for scientists and students engaged in, or preparing for, the selection and optimization process
- Provides a practical understanding of property fundamentals, effects, structure-property relationships, and structure modification strategies
- Individual drug-like properties are discussed from a practical point of view
|New Drug Development: A Regulatory Overview (New Drug Development ( Mathieu))
Lowest new price: $137.75
Lowest used price: $199.00
List price: $145.00
Author: Mark Mathieu
Brand: Brand: Parexel Intl Corp
Go inside the drug development and FDA regulatory process with today's most authoritative and popular reference on the topic. In its all-new 2008 edition, New Drug Development: A Regulatory Overview addresses the most cutting-edge developments redefining how new drugs are developed and regulated today, including:
* How the FDA Amendments Act of 2007 will affect everything from drug reviews to postmarketing requirements.
* How the CDER's efforts to integrate a culture of drug safety has affected the center's structure and its new drug review and approval processes.
* How CDER's much-anticipated January 2008 transition to the eCTD as the only valid esubmission format will affect the FDA's drug submission and review process.
* How the FDA and industry are already integrating pharmacogenomics, computer simulation, and other emerging technologies to inform key decisions.
* Which drug development strategies are fulfilling their promise and offering optimal returns for industry, given the explosion of accelerated development/approval programs and pilot programs to speed the drug development and review process.
Find out why New Drug Development is pharma/biotech's go-to resource for regulatory, clinical, project management, training, and other drug development disciplines navigating the FDA's drug development approval processes.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Make your own Essential Oils and Skin-care Products
Lowest new price: $132.44
Lowest used price: $73.62
List price: $15.65
Author: Daniel Coaten
There are many books available on using essential oils - now there is one on how to make your own. This book accompanies a residential weekend course, and a distillation kit to carry out the procedures outlined in the book. Making your own essential oils can be a fascinating hobby, or for the professional aromatherapist, a way of ensuring that your products are fresh, unadulterated and organic. The book also describes how to make creams, lotions, balms, gels, tinctures and other skin-care products from the essential oils and distillate waters you have produced.
|Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Project Management in a Changing Global Environment (Wiley Series on Technologies for the Pharmaceutical Industry)
Lowest new price: $78.06
Lowest used price: $84.00
List price: $114.00
Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Portfolio Management in a Changing Global Environment explores some of the critical forces at work today in the complex endeavour of pharmaceutical and medical product development. Written by experienced professionals, and including real-world approaches and best practice examples, this new title addresses three key areas – small molecules, large molecules, and medical devices - and provides hard-to-find, consolidated information relevant to and needed by pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device company managers.
|Greene's Protective Groups in Organic Synthesis
Lowest new price: $87.67
Lowest used price: $79.97
List price: $137.00
Author: Peter G. M. Wuts
The Fourth Edition of Greene's Protective Groups in Organic Synthesis continues to be an indispensable reference for controlling the reactivity of the most common functional groups during a synthetic sequence. This new edition incorporates the significant developments in the field since publication of the third edition in 1998, including...
The content is organized around the functional group to be protected, and ranges from the simplest to the most complex and highly specialized protective groups.
- New protective groups such as the fluorous family and the uniquely removable 2-methoxybenzenesulfonyl group for the protection of amines
- New techniques for the formation and cleavage of existing protective groups, with examples to illustrate each new technique
- Expanded coverage of the unexpected side reactions that occur with protective groups
- New chart covering the selective deprotection of silyl ethers
- 3,100 new references from the professional literature
|Chemical Magic (Dover Books on Chemistry)
Lowest new price: $3.31
Lowest used price: $0.01
List price: $6.95
Author: Leonard A. Ford
Classic guide provides intriguing entertainment for readers while elucidating sound scientific principles. More than 100 unusual stunts demonstrate cold fire, dust explosions, a nylon rope trick, a disappearing beaker, a glass dissolving in water, and much more. Step-by-step instructions also stress safety precautions. Second edition, revised by E. Winston Grundmeier.
- ISBN13: 9780486676289
- Notes: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
|Tietz Clinical Guide to Laboratory Tests Fourth Edition
Lowest new price: $54.50
Lowest used price: $19.75
List price: $87.95
Author: Alan Wu
Brand: Brand: Saunders
This new edition of Norbert Tietz's classic handbook presents information on common tests as well as rare and highly specialized tests and procedures - including a summary of the utility and merit of each test. Biological variables that may affect test results are discussed, and a focus is placed on reference ranges, diagnostic information, clinical interpretation of laboratory data, interferences, and specimen types. New and updated content has been added in all areas, with over 100 new tests added.
- Tests are divided into 8 main sections and arranged alphabetically.
- Each test includes necessary information such as test name (or disorder) and method, specimens and special requirements, reference ranges, chemical interferences and in vivo effects, kinetic values, diagnostic information, factors influencing drug disposition, and clinical comments and remarks.
- The most current and relevant tests are included; outdated tests have been eliminated.
- Test index (with extensive cross references) and disease index provide the reader with an easy way to find necessary information
- Four new sections in key areas (Preanalytical, Flow Cytometry, Pharmacogenomics, and Allergy) make this edition current and useful.
- New editor Alan Wu, who specializes in Clinical Chemistry and Toxicology, brings a wealth of experience and expertise to this edition.
- The Molecular Diagnostics section has been greatly expanded due to the increased prevalence of new molecular techniques being used in laboratories.
- References are now found after each test, rather than at the end of each section, for easier access.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Page 2 of 109
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.