|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Brush Your Teeth Please (Pop-Up)
Lowest new price: $9.35
Lowest used price: $1.71
List price: $12.99
Author: Leslie Mcguire
Brand: Reader's Digest
What child can resist imitating a chimp brushing its teeth back and forth? Or a shark that flosses every day? Youngsters will have lots of fun learning about proper dental hygiene in this delightful pop-up book.
Dimensions (inches): 6 x 7 1/2
|Dental Assistant (Dental Assisting Procedures)
Lowest new price: $180.70
Lowest used price: $130.00
List price: $233.95
Author: Alice E. Pendleton
This newly revised version of The Dental Assistant provides comprehensive information for shorter programs allowing users to extract specific information and use the remaining material as a supplemental resource and on-the-job reference. Readers will appreciate the user-friendly format and easy-to-understand language. Review questions reinforce chapter material and aid in preparation for certification and licensure examinations under that state Dental Practice Act. OSHA guidelines are included to focus attention on the importance of safety and infection control. *Step-by-step procedures give students a practical understanding of the process *Dental specialities have been expanded to give students a more in-depth understanding of each *Key terms are defined both within the text and the glossary, facilitating learning *Suggested activities strengthen comprehension and reinforce procedure exercises *New chapters introduce digital radiographic imaging so students understand electronic imaging methods *Pharmacology chapter provides an overall classification of drugs found in a dental office *Includes more illustrations and tables than previous editions, making it easier comprehension of material and quicker reference Supplements Instructor's Manual 0-7668-1114-X
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Secrets, 2e
Lowest new price: $39.94
Lowest used price: $38.84
List price: $60.95
Author: A. Omar Abubaker DMD PhD
Written in the question-and-answer style of the successful The Secrets Series®, the latest edition of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Secrets presents all of the most current clinical aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery, including maxillofacial trauma, diagnosis of salivary gland disease, cysts and tumors, postoperative care, cleft lip and palate, oral and maxillofacial reconstruction, laser surgery, facial alloplastic implants, sleep apnea, and much, much more. The new edition has been completely updated by a diverse and distinguished group of contributors, and reflects recent advances in the field.
- Concise answers that include the author's pearls, tips, memory aids, and "secrets."
- Includes bulleted lists, algorithms, tables, and illustrations for quick review.
- 44 succinct chapters written by experts in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- All of the most important "need-to-know" questions and answers in the proven format of the highly acclaimed Secrets Series®.
- Mnemonics memory aids used throughout the text give readers an easy way to recall important symptoms or treatment regimens.
- Thorough, highly detailed Index provides quick access to specific facts.
- Appeals to both students and practicing professionals as a quick reference.
- Thorough and complete updating of all clinical information
- New illustration package.
|Surgical Approaches to the Facial Skeleton
Lowest new price: $185.14
Lowest used price: $184.90
List price: $284.99
Author: Edward Ellis
Featuring over 400 full-color surgical photographs and drawings, this text/atlas is a step-by-step guide to the surgical approaches used to expose the facial skeleton. The authors describe in detail the key anatomic structures and the technical aspects of each approach, so that the surgeon can safely gain access to the region of the craniofacial skeleton requiring surgery.
This Second Edition includes full-color intraoperative photographs that complement the surgical drawings. Several new approaches have been added—the transconjunctival approach to the medial orbit, subtarsal approach to the internal orbit, Weber-Ferguson approach to the midface, and facial degloving approach to the midface.
|Bonded Porcelain Restorations in the Anterior Dentition: A Biomimetic Approach
Lowest new price: $149.88
Lowest used price: $208.52
List price: $189.00
Author: Pascal Magne
This book introduces a unique approach to esthetic restoration of the anterior dentition. Guided by the philosophy of biomimetics, the authors combine sound biologic principles with an overriding respect for the natural intact tooth to achieve esthetic satisfaction with bonded porcelain restorations. Unlike traditional veneers, the approach described here draws upon the ideal hues, the subtle shades, and especially the intracoronal anatomy of the intact tooth to serve as a guide to reconstruction and as a measurement of success. From this perspective, a checklist of fundamental esthetic criteria is presented, and treatment planning, diagnostics, tooth preparation, laboratory procedures, adhesive luting procedures, and maintenance protocols are carefully detailed. The reader will find all the information and step-by-step instruction needed to obtain the authors superior results, which are showcased throughout the book.
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: 3-Volume Set, 2e
Lowest new price: $482.24
Lowest used price: $470.49
List price: $715.95
Author: Raymond J. Fonseca DMD
A masterwork in three volumes, this comprehensive resource provides in-depth information to help you perfect your oral and maxillofacial surgical technique and provide state-of-the-art care for your patients. The full scope of the field is represented with up-to-date, evidence-based coverage of every surgical procedure performed today, including orthognathic surgery, trauma surgery, surgical pathology, surgery of TM disorders, placement of dental implants, cleft palate correction, dentoalveolar surgery, craniofacial surgery, cosmetic surgery, and reconstructive surgery. More than 2,600 high-quality images and illustrations, plus 32-page color inserts in each volume, serve as valuable visual references. You'll also find complete guidelines for a wide range of practice issues such as anesthesia, diagnostic imaging, treatment planning, rehabilitation and physical therapy, psychological considerations, and office design and ergonomics.
- Volume I: Anesthesia and Pain Control, Dentoalveolar Surgery, Practice Management, Implant Surgery brings you authoritative coverage of office-based procedures, including extractions, implants, and biopsies.
- Volume II: Trauma, Surgical Pathology, Temporomandibular Disorders focuses on trauma surgery and surgery of TMJ disorders.
- Volume III: Orthognathic Surgery, Esthetic Surgery, Cleft and Craniofacial Surgery primarily covers hospital-based procedures for developmental or congenital disorders.
- Complete considerations for pediatric and geriatric patients help you effectively meet the needs of these special populations.
- A new team of volume and section editors offers a fresh perspective on oral and maxillofacial surgery, bringing their experience and expertise to the topics featured in this edition.
- More than 80 new chapters keep you up to date with the latest advances in dentoaveolar, orthagnathic, cleft, craniofacial, and cosmetic surgery, as well as implants, trauma, pathology, and TMJ disorders.
- Over 100 new, highly-detailed illustrations - created by a leading medical illustrator - help you quickly visualize and retain new concepts and techniques.
- A new 32-page color insert in each volume shows intricate detail of important photos and drawings.
- New anesthesia and pain control information brings you the most recent guidelines from the ASDA.
- Expanded coverage of office management offers valuable advice on helping you improve office design and ergonomics.
- The contemporary aesthetic surgery section equips you to provide popular cosmetic services such as browlifts, facial chemical peels, botox injections, facial skin fillers, and facial implants.
- Case reports throughout the book enable you to follow the treatment progress of patients with a variety of disorders and conditions, from preoperative to postoperative.
|Materials in Dentistry: Principles and Applications
Lowest new price: $45.88
Lowest used price: $9.29
List price: $63.99
Author: Jack L. Ferracane
The Second Edition of this textbook for dental assisting, dental hygiene, and first-year dental students retains its well-organized, easy-to-follow format, with enhanced content, tables, illustrations, and display boxes. Expanded chapters cover preventative materials, abrasion and polishing, dental implants and composites. Coverage of new materials includes ceramics, dental cements, and new gold alloys for PFM restorations. Additional problem solving and clinically relevant examples are provided, plus a concise description of the ADA materials acceptance and specification program. Other features include a glossary of terms, chapter outlines, manufacturer websites, and review and checkpoint questions denoting clinical situations.
|Dental Anatomy: A Self-Instructional Program (10th Edition)
Lowest new price: $62.79
Lowest used price: $35.83
List price: $133.20
Author: Nancy Shobe Karst
Used as a class instructional textbook or a comprehensive self-study tool, this programmed activity book explains the fundamentals of dental anatomy. This books features over 1600 3-dimensional, high-quality illustrations as well as anatomical information for each type of tooth. Exercises present questions and answers which allow students to asses strengths and weaknesses. Dental students, dental hygiene and dental assisting students.
Lowest new price: $18.98
Lowest used price: $2.98
List price: $86.95
Author: Charline M. Dofka
Proper use of medical terminology is essential to the success of dental professionals. Learn the terms of the trade with this unique book. Terms are organized by specialty area for quick and easy reference. A variety of exercises are offered following each chapter providing ample opportunity to review and refresh. Whether you are new to dental terminology or simply need to brush up and review, this book is essential!
|Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1e
Lowest new price: $100.00
Lowest used price: $126.41
List price: $126.95
Author: Shahrokh C. Bagheri DMD MD
With cases reflecting the classic presentation format of each disease process, this book prepares students for patient encounters during their oral and maxillofacial surgery rotations. It also helps residents learn and review "high yield" material that is commonly found in oral and maxillofacial training and on board examinations. It highlights clinical information that is commonly asked during rounds, in the operating room, and during examinations. For each case, it includes an overview of the most common clinical presentation, physical exam findings, diagnostic tools, complications, treatment, and a discussion of any controversial issues that may surround the case. The authors describe Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery as "A little reach for the dental student, right on target for the OMS resident, and a strong refresher for OMS board certification."
- Case-based format prepares students and residents to pass the OMSSAT, with the Table of Contents corresponding to the exam's categories and questions.
- 95 clinical cases focus on essential information regarding each disease process.
- Detailed illustrations -- including radiographs and clinical photographs or drawings -- provide a visual guide to conditions, techniques, diagnoses, and key concepts.
- A companion CD-ROM features two timed, OMSSAT-style mock exams, with each question including the correct answer, the rationale, and a textbook reference.
- Contributing authors include recent graduates or senior residents in oral and maxillofacial surgery, so they are fully cognizant of students' and residents' needs as they prepare for cases, exams, and surgical procedures.
- Complements other Elsevier books such as Peterson: Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Fonseca: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and Ward Booth: Maxillofacial Surgery.
Page 1 of 65
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.