|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Dental Anatomy: A Self-Instructional Program (10th Edition)
Lowest new price: $90.80
Lowest used price: $19.76
List price: $137.20
Author: Nancy Shobe Karst
Used as a class instructional textbook or a comprehensive self-study tool, this programmed activity book explains the fundamentals of dental anatomy. This books features over 1600 3-dimensional, high-quality illustrations as well as anatomical information for each type of tooth. Exercises present questions and answers which allow students to asses strengths and weaknesses. Dental students, dental hygiene and dental assisting students.
|Excess Face Height Malocclusion: Etiology, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Lowest new price: $45.60
Lowest used price: $106.79
List price: $48.00
Author: Sten Linder-Aronson
Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden. Provides the biological background and supportive research to better understand the relationship between skeletal dysplasias and nasopharyngeal morphology. For use by dental and medical students and clinicians. Halftone illustrations and tables appear throughout text. DNLM: Malocclusion--etiology.
|Essentials of Dental Caries: The Disease and Its Management (Kidd, Essentials of Dental Caries)
Lowest new price: $380.48
Lowest used price: $99.96
List price: $85.00
Author: Edwina A. M. Kidd
Dental caries is a process which may take place on any tooth surface in the oral cavity where dental plaque is allowed to develop over a period of time. The new edition of this popular, clinically relevant book provides the biological background required by dentistry students in order to take the science of cariology to the chairside in the management of patients. It describes the cause of caries and its progression in enamel and dentine. Methods of prevention including plaque control, use of fluoride and dietary control are described. The indications for operative management are covered, as well as how to teach patients their essential role in caries control.
Illustrated in full colour and written in an accessible style, this book will appeal to dental students as well as dental nurses, dental health educators, hygienists, and therapists. It will also be of use to scientists working in the field of clinical cariology and to qualified dentists who wish to update their knowledge.
|Lexi-Comp's Oral Hard Tissue Diseases: A Reference Manual for Radiographic Diagnosis
Lowest new price: $105.76
Lowest used price: $18.00
List price: $49.95
Author: J. Robert Newland
Visually-cued with over 130 high quality radiographs. Presents radiographic features of intraosseous lesions discovered on dental radiographs in a format the busy dental practitioner will find useful. Includes recommendations for treatment and follow-up.
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: 3-Volume Set, 2e
Lowest new price: $493.50
Lowest used price: $350.00
List price: $718.95
Author: Raymond J. Fonseca DMD
A masterwork in three volumes, this comprehensive resource provides in-depth information to help you perfect your oral and maxillofacial surgical technique and provide state-of-the-art care for your patients. The full scope of the field is represented with up-to-date, evidence-based coverage of every surgical procedure performed today, including orthognathic surgery, trauma surgery, surgical pathology, surgery of TM disorders, placement of dental implants, cleft palate correction, dentoalveolar surgery, craniofacial surgery, cosmetic surgery, and reconstructive surgery. More than 2,600 high-quality images and illustrations, plus 32-page color inserts in each volume, serve as valuable visual references. You'll also find complete guidelines for a wide range of practice issues such as anesthesia, diagnostic imaging, treatment planning, rehabilitation and physical therapy, psychological considerations, and office design and ergonomics.
- Volume I: Anesthesia and Pain Control, Dentoalveolar Surgery, Practice Management, Implant Surgery brings you authoritative coverage of office-based procedures, including extractions, implants, and biopsies.
- Volume II: Trauma, Surgical Pathology, Temporomandibular Disorders focuses on trauma surgery and surgery of TMJ disorders.
- Volume III: Orthognathic Surgery, Esthetic Surgery, Cleft and Craniofacial Surgery primarily covers hospital-based procedures for developmental or congenital disorders.
- Complete considerations for pediatric and geriatric patients help you effectively meet the needs of these special populations.
- A new team of volume and section editors offers a fresh perspective on oral and maxillofacial surgery, bringing their experience and expertise to the topics featured in this edition.
- More than 80 new chapters keep you up to date with the latest advances in dentoaveolar, orthagnathic, cleft, craniofacial, and cosmetic surgery, as well as implants, trauma, pathology, and TMJ disorders.
- Over 100 new, highly-detailed illustrations - created by a leading medical illustrator - help you quickly visualize and retain new concepts and techniques.
- A new 32-page color insert in each volume shows intricate detail of important photos and drawings.
- New anesthesia and pain control information brings you the most recent guidelines from the ASDA.
- Expanded coverage of office management offers valuable advice on helping you improve office design and ergonomics.
- The contemporary aesthetic surgery section equips you to provide popular cosmetic services such as browlifts, facial chemical peels, botox injections, facial skin fillers, and facial implants.
- Case reports throughout the book enable you to follow the treatment progress of patients with a variety of disorders and conditions, from preoperative to postoperative.
|Principles of Dental Imaging (PRINCIPLES OF DENTAL IMAGING ( LANGLAND))
Lowest new price: $35.98
Lowest used price: $5.67
List price: $74.99
Author: Olaf E. Langland DDS MS FACD
This new edition successfully combines elements of radiographic technique with interpretation information for readers. Five sections cover the concepts of radiologic imaging, radiographic techniques and procedures, special imaging techniques, radiation health, and assessment and interpretation. Based on the Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology guidelines published by the American Association of Dental Schools, this unique book features numerous high-quality photographs, radiographs, and line drawings. New information on digital radiography, radiation health, periodontal disease, and image assessment is included, as well as chapter review questions, case-based questions, and workshop and laboratory exercises. To help readers prepare for certification, sample multiple-choice and case-based questions for the National and State Board Certification Examinations are also included.
|The Perfect Prescription for Your Teeth
Lowest new price: $16.47
Lowest used price: $14.88
Author: Karen Van Cleef
In this book:
• What personal product you're using daily that is ruining your teeth and gums as well as a natural replacement that'll rebuild your damaged enamel and soft tissue.(Page 57)
• The one liquid that prevents cavities and how you can use it to achieve perfect dental checkups everytime. (Page 26)
• The only thing that cleans teeth and gums effectively. Your spouse or companion will find your mouth and lips kissable again. (Page 19)
• Why your teeth are sensitive and how a simple technique can solve that problem so you can enjoy ice cream and cold drinks again without pain. (Page 33)
• How to get rid of gum pockets by avoiding this one thing. Just think, no more threats from the dentist about expensive and painful surgery for receding gums. (Page 14)
• Why bad teeth are NOT genetic and how you can help your children remain free of cavities for life. (Page 12)
Bothered by gum problems, cavities, and osteoporosis?
• The surprising foods that really help your teeth and gums, foods that taste good, too. (Page 50)
• The one ingredient NO ONE is talking about that prevents osteoporosis. (Page 42)
• How dental visits may cause cavities. Learn the questions to ask your dentist before accepting traditional procedures. (Page 20)
• What alternative health professionals have no idea about. (Page 43)
• Whether or not you really need a multivitamin daily. (Page 46)
• How the deficiencies of a strict vegan diet can lead to serious tooth and gum problems and what you must do to regain health in your mouth. (Page 48)
"The Perfect Prescription For Your Teeth" also reveals easy, inexpensive steps to...
• Saving LOTS of $$$ money on toothpaste, mouthwash and other dental hygiene products
• Developing strong, decay resistant teeth and perfect gums for life
• Taking supplements properly so your body will absorb the nutrients
• Building antibody structures that kill viruses and bacteria
• Getting rid of bad breath for good and more.
|Delmar's Handbook of Essential Skills and Procedures for Chairside Dental Assisting
Lowest new price: $42.10
Lowest used price: $4.51
List price: $87.95
Author: Donna J. Phinney
This book provides essential information on the core clinical skills and procedures dental assistants need to know. Concise and user friendly, it presents a learning system appropriate for formal education settings, lab-based programs, on-the-job training and refresher courses, as well as chairside reference. Outstanding illustrations make this text ideal for the visually oriented learner.
|For Women Only: A Revolutionary Guide to Reclaiming Your Sex Life
Lowest new price: $6.96
Lowest used price: $0.01
List price: $26.00
Author: Jennifer Berman
A groundbreaking book by the co-directors of one of the country's first women's sexual health clinics-destined to be an essential resource for women throughout the country.
According to The Journal of the American Medical Association, 43 percent of American women suffer from some kind of sexual dysfunction. And though the introduction of Viagra has increased attention to male sexual concerns, the problems women face are often ignored. For Women Only is the first book to offer a comprehensive exploration of female sexual dysfunction.
The co-directors of the Women's Sexual Health Clinic at Boston University Medical Center -- Jennifer Berman, a urologist, and her sister, Laura Berman, a sex therapist-draw on research and clinical findings to show that many of the physical problems that cause impotence in men can cause sexual dysfunction in women. In addition, many women experience diminished sexual response as they age, go through menopause, and after hysterectomies or other pelvic surgery.
Covering both physiological and psychological issues in a straightforward, sympathetic style, the Bermans provide authoritative, easy-to-understand information on the medical breakthroughs and treatments that can help women of all ages enjoy more fulfilling sex lives.
Although Jennifer Berman, M.D., and Laura Berman, Ph.D., readily agree that "the most important sex organ in the human body is the brain," the last thing they want anyone to believe is that all female sexual problems are mental--quite the contrary. Findings gathered from their own research and clinical practice show that, like men, women often undergo physical changes and challenges that lead to sexual dysfunction; in fact, nearly half of all women in the U.S. experience sexual problems at some point during their lifetime. Through their frank but personable discussion about the female sexual response, sisters Jennifer (a urologist) and Laura (a sex therapist) virtually open their clinic doors to readers; they share client stories, fully describe their clinical patient-assessment process, provide an updated anatomy lesson, and offer practical suggestions for enhancing sexual pleasure.
As founders and co-directors of the Women's Sexual Health Clinic at Boston University Medical Center, the Bermans have treated a variety of ailments, including loss of libido (due to medical factors, emotional issues, or menopause) and arousal and pain disorders. They address it here in plain, understandable words designed to empower women with better information about their bodies and the many factors that can affect sexual well-being. In a way, the book reads almost like a diary of their practice, bolstered by the occasional critical essay (such as chapter 2, "The History of Female Sexuality," or chapter 6, "Sexuality Through the Life Cycle"). For Women Only is a sensitive, sensible, and timely take on a previously "pooh-poohed" subject--with encouraging conclusions that are long overdue. --Liane Thomas
Lowest new price: $658.92
Lowest used price: $274.95
List price: $199.00
Author: William R. Proffit
Page 2 of 66
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.