|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2013 (First Aid USMLE)
Lowest new price: $30.50
Lowest used price: $29.83
List price: $49.00
Author: Tao Le
THE WORLD'S BESTSELLING MEDICAL REVIEW BOOK--WITH MORE THAN 1,200 FREQUENTLY TESTED FACTS AND MNEMONICS
- Conveniently organized by organ system and general principles
- 125+ color clinical photographs integrated throughout the text
- Hundreds of full-color illustrations clarify essential concepts and improve retention
- Rapid-review section for last-minute cramming
- Detailed test-taking strategies to help you maximize your study time
- Hundreds of student-recommended USMLE Step 1 review resources
- Advice from students who aced the 2012 exam
- 1200+ frequently tested facts and mnemonics
- Hundreds of high-yield color images and diagrams throughout
- Student ratings of more than 300 review products
|Plan D: How to Lose Weight and Beat Diabetes (Even If You Don't Have It)
Lowest new price: $15.90
Lowest used price: $16.98
List price: $25.99
Author: Sherri Shepherd
In Plan D, Sherri Shepherd, Emmy Award winner and cohost of The View, presents her easy-to-follow program for losing weight, managing sugar sensitivity, and getting moving—all to help you feel and look your best.
For years, Sherri Shepherd was told that she was pre-diabetic. And for years, she ignored her doctor’s advice to lose weight and get healthy before she developed full blown diabetes. When she finally got the big-D diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes, the same disease that took her mother’s life, Sherri vowed that she’d change her ways so that her son wouldn’t be left alone, without a mother, as she had been.
With the help of her doctor, she created this program, lost more than 40 pounds, and she looks great and has more energy than she did in her twenties. Sherri’s diabetes is under control, and she was happy to show her stuff, wowing the world on Dancing with the Stars.
With tools to help you live a long and healthy life, Plan D is a smart and supportive plan designed to help you lose weight safely, make exercise a real, and fun, part of your life, and control your sugar sensitivity. And through it all, Sherri Shepherd is there, like a trusted friend, offering advice, encouragement, and of course a healthy dose of humor.
|Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine: Volumes 1 and 2, 18th Edition
Lowest new price: $119.83
Lowest used price: $119.92
List price: $229.00
Author: Dan Longo
The most trusted textbook in medicine -- featuring the acclaimed Harrison's DVD with 57 additional chapters and exclusive video and tutorials
Now presented in TWO VOLUMES As reviwed by JAMA:
"With the 18th edition, Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine retains its standing as a definitive clinical reference and remains an outstanding foundation for any physician or physician-in-training. In many regards, Harrison’s remains synonymous not just with internal medicine but with medicine in general. The editors of the 18th edition have skillfully balanced tradition with the desire and need for innovation. The result is a book that remains as fundamental to current medical practice as the first edition was in 1949."
Extensively revised and expanded by the world’s leading physicians, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, 18e continues to set the standard as the pinnacle of current medical knowledge and practice, offering the definitive review of disease mechanisms and management.
All chapters have been completely updated to reflect the latest knowledge and evidence, and important new chapters have been added, including: "Systems Biology in Health and Disease," "The Human Microbiome," "The Biology of Aging," and "Neuropsychiatric Illnesses in War Veterans."
Harrison's covers more global aspects of medicine than any other textbook, and features such chapters as "Global Issues in Medicine," by Jim Yong Kim, Paul Farmer, and Joseph Rhatigan, and new to the 18th edition, "Primary Care in Low and Middle Income Countries."
No other resource delivers coverage of disease mechanisms and management like Harrison's, including world-renowned chapters on HIV/AIDS, STEMI and non-STEMI myocardial infarction, cancer biology, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes.
The Harrison’s Multi-Media DVD— Better Than Ever!
The Harrison’s DVD has been expanded to include an extensive video demonstration of the neurological physical examination, and video tutorials on how to perform essential clinical procedures, including:
- Abdominal Paracentesis
- Endotracheal Intubation
- Central Venous Catheter Placement
57 additional chapters and more than 2,000 images make the companion DVD an essential part of every physician's education, practice, and lifelong learning.The DVD also features PowerPoint presentations from fifty chapters to facilitate classroom lectures, and a free trial subscription to AccessMedicine.com (including Harrison's Online).
Harrison’s 18e is proud to present a tribute to longtime editor, Eugene Braunwald, MD for his outstanding and continuing contributions to medical knowledge and practice.
|The End of Diabetes: The Eat to Live Plan to Prevent and Reverse Diabetes
Lowest new price: $14.57
Lowest used price: $15.00
List price: $26.99
Author: Joel Fuhrman
The New York Times bestselling author of Eat to Live and Super Immunity and one of the country’s leading experts on preventive medicine offers a scientifically proven, practical program to prevent and reverse diabetes—without drugs.
At last, a breakthrough program to combat the rising diabetes epidemic and help millions of diabetics, as well as those suffering with high blood pressure and heart disease. Dr. Joel Fuhrman, the research director of the nutritional research project of the National Health Association, shows you how to live a long, healthy, and happy life—disease free. He offers a complete health transformation, starting with a diet with a high nutrient-per-calorie ratio that can be adapted for individual needs.
Dr. Fuhrman makes clear that we don’t have to “control” diabetes. Patients can choose to follow better nutritional guidelines that will control it for them, even before they have lost excess weight. The end result is a medical breakthrough—a comprehensive reversal of the disease.
|Anticancer, A New Way of Life, New Edition
Lowest new price: $13.00
Lowest used price: $5.54
List price: $26.95
Author: David Servan-Schreiber MD PhD
Anticancer has been a bestselling phenomenon since Viking first published it in fall 2008. Now, a new edition addresses current developments in cancer research and offers more tips on how people living with cancer can fight it and how healthy people can prevent it. The new edition of Anticancer includes:
• The latest research on anticancer foods, including new alternatives to sugar and cautions about some that are now on the market
• New information about how vitamin D strengthens the immune system
• Warnings about common food contaminants that have recently been proven to contribute to cancer progression
• A new chapter on mind-body approaches to stress reduction, with recent studies that show how our reactions to stress can interfere with natural defenses and how friendships can support healing in ways never before understood
• A groundbreaking study showing that lifestyle modification, as originally proposed in Anticancer, reduces mortality for breast cancer by an astounding 68 percent after completion of treatment
• New supporting evidence for the entire Anticancer program
|The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer
Lowest new price: $8.98
Lowest used price: $6.57
List price: $18.00
Author: Siddhartha Mukherjee
The Emperor of All Maladies is a magnificent, profoundly humane “biography” of cancer—from its first documented appearances thousands of years ago through the epic battles in the twentieth century to cure, control, and conquer it to a radical new understanding of its essence. Physician, researcher, and award-winning science writer, Siddhartha Mukherjee examines cancer with a cellular biologist’s precision, a historian’s perspective, and a biographer’s passion. The result is an astonishingly lucid and eloquent chronicle of a disease humans have lived with—and perished from—for more than five thousand years.
The story of cancer is a story of human ingenuity, resilience, and perseverance, but also of hubris, paternalism, and misperception. Mukherjee recounts centuries of discoveries, setbacks, victories, and deaths, told through the eyes of his predecessors and peers, training their wits against an infinitely resourceful adversary that, just three decades ago, was thought to be easily vanquished in an all-out “war against cancer.” The book reads like a literary thriller with cancer as the protagonist.
From the Persian Queen Atossa, whose Greek slave may have cut off her diseased breast, to the nineteenth-century recipients of primitive radiation and chemotherapy to Mukherjee’s own leukemia patient, Carla, The Emperor of All Maladies is about the people who have soldiered through fiercely demanding regimens in order to survive—and to increase our understanding of this iconic disease.
Riveting, urgent, and surprising, The Emperor of All Maladies provides a fascinating glimpse into the future of cancer treatments. It is an illuminating book that provides hope and clarity to those seeking to demystify cancer.
Amazon Best Books of the Month, November 2010: "In 2010, about six hundred thousand Americans, and more than 7 million humans around the world, will die of cancer." With this sobering statistic, physician and researcher Siddhartha Mukherjee begins his comprehensive and eloquent "biography" of one of the most virulent diseases of our time. An exhaustive account of cancer's origins, The Emperor of All Maladies illustrates how modern treatments--multi-pronged chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery, as well as preventative care--came into existence thanks to a century's worth of research, trials, and small, essential breakthroughs around the globe. While The Emperor of All Maladies is rich with the science and history behind the fight against cancer, it is also a meditation on illness, medical ethics, and the complex, intertwining lives of doctors and patients. Mukherjee's profound compassion--for cancer patients, their families, as well as the oncologists who, all too often, can offer little hope--makes this book a very human history of an elusive and complicated disease. --Lynette Mong
|Pharmacology: A Nursing Process Approach, 7e (Kee, Pharmacology)
Lowest new price: $60.00
Lowest used price: $46.99
List price: $97.95
Author: Joyce LeFever Kee MS RN
Featuring concise, straightforward coverage, Pharmacology: A Nursing Process Approach, 7th Edition puts nursing pharmacology concepts and essential drug calculation skills into a practical nursing context to prepare you for real-world drug administration responsibilities. This edition has been revised and updated with the most current nursing pharmacology information available. Innovative features such as Prototype Drug Charts, Nursing Process Summaries, an extensive math/dosage calculation section, and NCLEX® Examination-style study questions make nursing pharmacology more understandable than ever.
- Unique! Prototype Drug Charts provide easy access to key information on dosages, contraindications, drug-lab-food interactions, pharmacokinetics, and more for more than 100 drugs.
- Unique! An extensive, color-coded dosage calculation section covers six methods of dosage calculation - basic formula, ratio and proportion, fractional equation, dimensional analysis, and dosing by body weight and body surface area - eliminating the need for a separate dosage calculation book.
- Nursing Process Summaries present client care and drug therapy within the framework of each step of the nursing process, including information on client teaching and cultural and herbal considerations.
- Preventing Medication Errors boxes reinforce concepts introduced in the medication safety chapter and highlight common errors that occur in clinical practice to help you ensure safe drug administration.
- Herbal Alerts provide a quick reference to side effects, drug interactions, and additional information for popular herbs you may encounter in practice.
- A fully updated bioterrorism appendix helps you recognize the clinical manifestations of bioterrorism weapons and respond with appropriate nursing care.
- Unique! Illustrated overviews of normal anatomy and physiology in all drug therapy chapters help you understand how drugs work in various body systems.
- Critical Thinking Case Studies at the end of each chapter challenge you to apply your knowledge and analytical skills to realistic client scenarios.
- NCLEX® Study Questions for each chapter help prepare you for the growing pharmacology coverage on the NCLEX® Examination. Answers are listed upside-down at the bottom of the page for quick feedback.
- New medication safety chapter discusses medication errors, specific nursing measures to prevent medication errors, possible consequences of medication errors to nurses, responses to errors, reporting and learning from mistakes, and related ethical issues.
- Enhanced NCLEX® Examination-style study questions are now more application-based and include at least one alternate-item format question per chapter.
- Updated chapters on cultural considerations and women's health bring you the latest information on these important considerations in drug therapy.
- More reader-friendly and understandable than ever, this edition features helpful new photos throughout.
|Pfenninger and Fowler's Procedures for Primary Care: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 3e (Pfenninger, Pfenniger and Fowler's Procedures for Primary Care, Expert Consult)
Lowest new price: $102.03
Lowest used price: $104.70
List price: $167.00
Pfenninger and Fowler's Procedures for Primary Care, 3rd Edition is a comprehensive, "how-to" resource offering step-by-step strategies for nearly every medical procedure that can be performed in an office, hospital, or emergency care facility by primary care clinicians. Designed for everyday practice, the outline format allows speedy reference while the detailed text and clear illustrations guide you through each procedure. The new edition of this best-selling book features full-color illustrations and easy access to the complete contents and illustrations, patient forms, and more online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Understand how to proceed, step by step, thanks to detailed text and illustrations.
- Locate critical information at a glance with numerous boxes and tables.
- Use the book for years with minimal wear and tear thanks to its sturdy cover.
- Patient education handouts to educate, save time, and reduce liability
- Coding guidelines included
- This best selling text now includes full-color photos and new sections on Aesthetic and Hospitalist Procedures in addition to an update of all the previous procedures discussed in prior editions!
- Access the complete contents and illustrations online, download patient education handouts and consent forms, view lists of device manufacturers, and more at www.expertconsult.com.
- Offer your patients a variety of cosmetic procedures using lasers and pulsed-light devices (including individual chapters on procedures for hair removal, photorejuvenation, skin tightening and skin resurfacing, and tattoo removal), and botulinum toxin, as well as new coverage of cosmeceutical skin care, tissue fillers, and photodynamic therapy.
- Master new procedures such as maggot treatment for chronic ulcers, endovenous vein closure, stress echo, insertion of the contraceptive capsule (Implanon) and tubal implant (Essure), musculoskeletal ultrasound, no-needle/no-scalpel vasectomy, procedures to treat acute headaches, and more.
- Don't worry! All the more basic office procedures are still included...with improved and updated discussions!
Pfenninger and Fowler provide the latest and most comprehensive information on medical procedures that allow primary care physicians to more effectively treat their patients.
|Focus on Nursing Pharmacology
Lowest new price: $71.28
Lowest used price: $70.00
List price: $99.99
Author: Amy M. Karch MSN RN
Amy Karch has found that students learn best when concepts are built upon each other, growing from simple to complex, building on a foundation of understanding. Organized by body systems, this heavily illustrated book organizes essential nursing pharmacology information into focused, easy-to-learn steps. Building key concepts upon each other, the text gives students a solid foundation of understanding. Easy to understand drug prototype boxes are integrated throughout the book as well as integrated content summaries. Contains more images depicting drug actions than any of the book's competitors. Includes the popular and proven "Focus on" theme for drug use across the lifespan, cultural and gender considerations, evidence-based practice, patient teaching, herbal and alternative therapies and dosage calculation; including "Focus on Safe Medication Administration;" and a "Drugs in Focus" table for each classification of drugs. Focused content and focused features equal a focused student.
Drug discussions include therapeutic actions and indications, pharmacokinetics, contraindications and cautions and adverse effects. Detailed rationales are presented throughout. Each chapter opens with Learning Objectives and a Glossary of Key Terms, and ends with NCLEX-style questions, and contains a case study-based critical thinking exercise that sets up a situation, shows critical thinking, and then presents a discussion and case-based nursing care guide. Features like this make the book an essential teaching tool!
Online Tutoring powered by Smarthinking—Free online tutoring, powered by Smarthinking, gives students access to expert nursing and allied health science educators whose mission, like yours, is to achieve success. Students can access live tutoring support, critiques of written work, and other valuable tools.
|The American Diabetes Association Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook
Lowest new price: $11.96
Lowest used price: $12.02
List price: $19.95
Author: Robyn Webb
While fancy and sophisticated foods continue to grow in popularity, ask most people what their favorite foods are and the answer will invariably be classic comfort foods: lasagna, meat loaf, mac and cheese, and cake. Unfortunately, most people think that having diabetes means the days of enjoying these hearty classics are long gone, and that their favorite foods are a thing of the past. Author Robyn Webb shows that healthy eating doesn't have to mean giving up on favorite foods! Diabetes can be overwhelming, but it doesn't mean reinventing the wheel when it comes to cooking. Just a tweak here and there and familiar foods can remain favorites, guilt-free, and enjoyed every day.
The American Diabetes Association Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook creates a go-to” collection of updated comfort foods for families that need to cook nutritionally sound and diabetic-friendly meals that will satisfy and soothe the souls of the member (or members) of the family with diabetesand do the same for the rest of the family. No need to cook two meals to please everyone in the household. Now everyone can enjoy the same hearty and nutritious meals. This book will ease the stress of planning meals by offering easy and flavorful recipes and a menu planning guide that allows for mix and match meals that will keep everyone in the family happy, healthy, and satisfied.
Filled with gorgeous original photography and a beautiful four-color design, this cookbook will look as good as it's meals. Sprinkled with helpful tips and time-saving advice, The American Diabetes Association Comfort Food Cookbook will not only make classic comfort foods healthier and diabetes friendly, it will make them a snap to prepare as well.
Following a diabetic meal plan doesn't have to be a flavorless chore. Now everyone can enjoy the classic foods they know and love!
Page 1 of 3545
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.