|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|The ABSITE Review 4e (American Board of Surgery In-Training Examination)
Lowest new price: $60.21
Lowest used price: $54.00
List price: $69.99
Author: Steven M. Fiser MD
Brand: Brand: Lippincott Williams Wilkins
This 4th edition of The ABSITE Review is the perfect study guide for surgery residents preparing for the American Board of Surgery In-Training Examination (ABSITE). Unlike ordinary textbooks that force the reader to wade through paragraph after paragraph of extraneous material, this review manual uses a streamlined outline and list format. By making it easier to find the essential points on each topic, this study guide allows the reader to spend more time studying the important facts and less time searching for them. Even though the information is presented in a simple manner, it still includes all topics found on the exam — from basic science to clinical knowledge in general surgery as well as surgical subspecialties. Each year, thousands of general surgery residents express anxiety over preparation for the ABSITE. With this book as their guide, they can feel a lot more confident.
• Tables and algorithms are condensed to relevant outlines, improving efficiency of reading time
• Most recent ABSITE exam material
• Covers all topics on ABSITE and can be used independently of other study materials
• Bold type that highlights important information
- Used Book in Good Condition
|The Mayo Clinic Diabetes Diet: The #1 New York Bestseller adapted for people with diabetes
Lowest new price: $9.71
Lowest used price: $8.99
List price: $17.95
Author: Mayo Clinic
#1 New York Times bestseller adapted for people with diabetes. Now in paperback—with 16 brand-new pages, full of menus, designed to kick-start your weight loss and control your blood sugar.
#1 New York Times bestseller adapted for people with diabetes, now in paperback—with 16 brand-new pages, full of menus designed to kick-start your weight loss and control your blood sugar.From Mayo Clinic, a leading authority in health and nutrition, comes The Mayo Clinic Diabetes Diet, adapted for people with pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes from the #1 New York Times bestseller, The Mayo Clinic Diet. This reliable plan is what you need to lose weight to help you control your blood sugar. The medical specialists at Mayo Clinic have created The Mayo Clinic Diabetes Diet as a two-phase plan—Lose It! and Live It! The Diet helps at-risk people prevent and control diabetes by losing weight quickly and safely, and then maintaining that weight loss.
The Lose It! phase is a simple, straight-forward, two-week plan that encourages quick but safe weight loss that can help lower blood sugar.
The Live It! phase of the diet offers basic and manageable steps and lifestyle changes and choices that are designed to help participants lose one to two pounds a week until a healthy weight is reached, and then to keep the pounds off.
Mayo Clinic's weight-loss and nutrition experts have packed this book with meal plans, practical solutions, and specific tips on how to improve health and lose weight safely. The Mayo Clinic Diabetes Diet tackles all the familiar obstacles that get in the way of weight loss—dislike of exercise, distaste of healthy food, too little time to cook well, a too hectic schedule, struggles with cravings, and minimal support from family and friends. It is a reliable and safe companion for losing weight and controlling diabetes, beginning immediately and into the future. "This diabetes diet isn't a fad; it's about changing your habits for the better," states Donald Hensrud, M.D., Mayo Clinic specialist in nutrition and internal medicine and medical editor-in-chief. "With The Mayo Clinic Diabetes Diet, people can truly manage diabetes, eat well, lose weight and enjoy life."
|Better: A Surgeon's Notes on Performance
Lowest new price: $6.30
Lowest used price: $0.98
List price: $15.00
Author: Atul Gawande
Brand: Baker and Taylor
The struggle to perform well is universal: each of us faces fatigue, limited resources, and imperfect abilities in whatever we do. But nowhere is this drive to do better more important than in medicine, where lives may be on the line with any decision.
Atul Gawande, the New York Times bestselling author of Complications, examines, in riveting accounts of medical failure and triumph, how success is achieved in this complex and risk-filled profession. At once unflinching and compassionate, Better is an exhilarating journey, narrated by "arguably the best nonfiction doctor-writer around" (Salon.com).
|Enzinger and Weiss's Soft Tissue Tumors: Expert Consult: Online and Print, 6e
Lowest new price: $317.80
Lowest used price: $356.96
List price: $399.00
Author: John R. Goldblum MD FCAP FASCP FACG
Enzinger and Weiss's Soft Tissue Tumors is your essential medical reference on the diagnosis of tumors of the skeletal muscles, connective tissue, fat, and related structures. No other source matches Enzinger and Weiss's scope and depth of coverage in this complex and challenging area of surgical pathology, and no other text contains as much practical information on differential diagnosis. Microscopic findings are correlated with the latest developments in molecular biology, cytogenetics, and immunohistochemistry, providing you with a comprehensive and integrated approach to the evaluation of soft tissue specimens.
- Compare what you see under the microscope to nearly 2,000 superb images that capture the appearance of a complete range of pathological entities and help you relate their characteristics to their specific classifications.
- Apply the latest knowledge on FNA biopsy, molecular biology, and cytogenetics.
- Make rapid and effective decisions with the aid of extensive algorithms, and access information at a glance with abundant tables and graphs.
- Take advantage of all of the essential clinical and prognostic data on soft tissue tumors that are necessary to formulate complete sign-out reports.
- Navigate through the book quickly thanks to summary outlines at the beginning of each chapter, a color-coded page design, and a consistent approach to every entity.
- Apply the latest advances in surgical pathology thanks to major updates on recently identified pathological entities such as soft tissue angiofibroma and CIC-related sarcomas; coverage of the newest molecular diagnostic techniques and immunohistochemical and molecular genetic features of soft tissue tumors; new chapters on GIST and soft tissue tumors showing melanocytic differentiation; and more.
- Effortlessly find the information you need with a chapter organization based on the newest surgical pathology concepts and classifications of soft tissue tumors.
- Browse the entire text online at Expert Consult.
|Outsmart Your Cancer: Alternative Non-Toxic Treatments That Work (Second Edition) With CD
Lowest new price: $15.99
Lowest used price: $15.00
List price: $26.95
Author: Tanya Harter Pierce
Brand: Brand: Thoughtworks Publishing
Model: Title Fruit and Bottle
This easy-to-read alternative treatment guide could save your life. Outsmart Your Cancer explodes the myths about alternative cancer treatments and explains why non-toxic methods are more effective than conventional ones. This second edition of Outsmart Your Cancer includes new chapters, an audio CD with inspiring recovery testimonials from cancer survivors, and an incredible amount of valuable information. Twenty-one different alternative methods are discussed along with real-life stories of people who completely recovered from a variety of advanced or late-stage cancers using alternative approaches. The book explains why alternative methods work better than conventional toxic treatments and presents details about the scientific basis for them, including the amazing formula called Protocel, which has produced incredible cancer recoveries over the past twenty years.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|In the Body of the World: A Memoir
Lowest new price: $13.54
Lowest used price: $12.49
List price: $25.00
Author: Eve Ensler
From the bestselling author of The Vagina Monologues and one of Newsweek’s 150 Women Who Changed the World, a visionary memoir of separation and connection—to the body, the self, and the world
Playwright, author, and activist Eve Ensler has devoted her life to the female body—how to talk about it, how to protect and value it. Yet she spent much of her life disassociated from her own body—a disconnection brought on by her father’s sexual abuse and her mother’s remoteness. “Because I did not, could not inhabit my body or the Earth,” she writes, “I could not feel or know their pain.”
But Ensler is shocked out of her distance. While working in the Congo, she is shattered to encounter the horrific rape and violence inflicted on the women there. Soon after, she is diagnosed with uterine cancer, and through months of harrowing treatment, she is forced to become first and foremost a body—pricked, punctured, cut, scanned. It is then that all distance is erased. As she connects her own illness to the devastation of the earth, her life force to the resilience of humanity, she is finally, fully—and gratefully—joined to the body of the world.
Unflinching, generous, and inspiring, Ensler calls on us all to embody our connection to and responsibility for the world.
|Clinical Dermatology: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 5e
Lowest new price: $161.00
Lowest used price: $165.42
List price: $200.00
Author: Thomas P. Habif MD
Widely recognized as the world's leading dermatology manual, Habif's Clinical Dermatology has been exhaustively updated to reflect today's best practices. A wealth of new features makes it easier than any other resource to identify, treat, and manage the full range of skin diseases.
- Diagnose with confidence by viewing outstanding photographs for virtually every common skin disorder.
- Quickly locate the information you need with a Disorders Index on the inside front cover, a brand-new Regional Diagnosis Atlas in chapter 1, and a consistent, logical, easy-reference format in every chapter.
- Apply the newest developments in diagnosis and treatment thanks to thorough updates throughout.
- Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com, including all of the book's illustrations plus hundreds of additional images; links to PubMed; Dermatologic Surgical Procedures; a Dermatologic Formulary; Bioterrorism, Dermatology, and Recently Returned Traveler appendices; plus much more.
- View the likeliest differential diagnoses for any body region with an updated DDx Mannequin online.
- Find representative images for virtually any skin condition with over 1000 full color photographs, including 500 brand-new, never-before-published images.
- Diagnose and treat diverse patient populations with expanded coverage of non-white skin.
- Treat patients who have been traveling abroad with new coverage of tropical diseases.
|Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2013 Edition, 1e
Lowest new price: $38.44
Lowest used price: $25.00
List price: $89.95
Author: Carol J. Buck MS CPC CPC-H CCS-P
Take your first step toward a successful career in medical coding with comprehensive coverage from the most trusted source in the field! Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2013 Edition is the practical, easy-to-use resource that shows you exactly how to code using all of today's coding systems. In-depth, step-by-step explanations of essential coding concepts are followed by practice exercises to reinforce your understanding. In addition to coverage of reimbursement, ICD-9-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding, the 2013 edition offers complete coverage of the ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding system in preparation for the eventual transition. No other text on the market so thoroughly prepares you for all coding sets in one source!
- Dual coding in Units 4 and 5 (where both ICD-10 and ICD-9 answers are provided for every exercise, chapter review, and workbook question) ensures you can code using the systems of both today and tomorrow.
- Complete coverage of the new ICD-10 code set in Unit 2 prepares you for the eventual transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting boxes in Units 2, 3, and 5 present the official outpatient and inpatient guidelines alongside text discussions.
- Concrete "real-life" coding examples help you apply important coding principles and practices to actual scenarios from the field.
- Over 500 total illustrations of medical procedures or conditions help you understand the services being coded.
- Four coding question variations develop your coding ability and critical thinking skills:
- One answer blank for coding questions that require a one-code answer
- Multiple answer blanks for coding questions that require a multiple-code answer
- Identifiers next to the answer blank(s) to guide you through the most difficult coding scenarios
- Answer blanks with a preceding symbol (3 interlocking circles) indicates that the user must decide the number of codes necessary to correctly answer the question
- In-text exercises, Quick Checks, and Toolbox features reinforce coding rules and concepts, emphasize key information, and test your retention and understanding.
- From the Trenches, Coding Shots, Stop!, Caution!, Check This Out!, and CMS Rules boxes offer valuable, up-to-date tips and advice for working in today's medical coding field.
- Coder's Index makes it easy to instantly locate specific codes.
- Practice activities on the companion Evolve website reinforce key concepts from the text.
- Updated content presents the latest coding information so you can practice with the most current information available.
|The Biology of Cancer
Lowest new price: $66.26
Lowest used price: $66.05
List price: $155.00
Author: Robert A. Weinberg
Brand: Brand: Garland Science
Thoroughly updated and incorporating the most important advances in the fast-growing field of cancer biology, The Biology of Cancer, Second Edition, maintains all of its hallmark features admired by students, instructors, researchers, and clinicians around the world.
The Biology of Cancer is a textbook for students studying the molecular and cellular bases of cancer at the undergraduate, graduate, and medical school levels. The principles of cancer biology are presented in an organized, cogent, and in-depth manner. The clarity of writing, supported by an extensive full-color art program and numerous pedagogical features, makes the book accessible and engaging. The information unfolds through the presentation of key experiments that give readers a sense of discovery and provide insights into the conceptual foundation underlying modern cancer biology.
The new Second Edition has been comprehensively revised and updated to include major advances in cancer biology over the past six years. Updates include current information on:
- The tumor microenvironment
- Metastatic dissemination
- Tumor immunology
- Cancer stem cells
- The epithelial-mesenchymal transition
- Multi-step tumorigenesis
- Invasion and metastasis
- Mutation of cancer cell genomes
- Greatly expanded treatment of traditional therapy
- Epigenetic contributions
- MicroRNA involvement
- The Warburg effect
Besides its value as a textbook, The Biology of Cancer is a useful reference for individuals working in biomedical laboratories and for clinical professionals.
Every copy of the book comes with an updated "Pathways in Human Cancer" poster and a DVD-ROM containing the book’s art program, a greatly expanded selection of movies, audio file mini-lectures, Supplementary Sidebars, and a Media Guide.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Red Book 2012: 2012 Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases (Red Book Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases)
Lowest new price: $69.00
Lowest used price: $81.50
List price: $134.95
Brand: Brand: American Academy of Pediatrics
Developed by the AAP Committee on Infectious Diseases in conjunction with the CDC, the FDA, and other leading institutions with contributions from hundreds of physicians nationwide, the newly revised and updated 2012 Red Book continues the tradition of excellence with the latest findings and clinical recommendations on the manifestations, etiology, epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of more than 200 childhood conditions.
Updated information and recommendations include:
- Standardized approach to disease prevention through immunizations, antimicrobial prophylaxis, and infection control practices have been updated throughout
- 2012 childhood and adolescent immunization schedules added
- Updated information on hypersensitivity reactions after immunizations
- The latest on sexually transmitted infections in adolescents and children
- Updated information on hepatitis A and B
- New chapter on dengue
- Updated section on drugs for parasitic infections
- Significantly revised chapters on herpes simplex and HIV infection
- And much more!
- Used Book in Good Condition
Page 2 of 4096
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.