|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Herbal Antibiotics, 2nd Edition: Natural Alternatives for Treating Drug-resistant Bacteria
Lowest new price: $12.45
Lowest used price: $12.45
List price: $24.95
Author: Stephen Harrod Buhner
Antibiotic-resistant infections are alarmingly on the rise, and many people are looking for sound information on herbal alternatives to standard antibiotics. In this indispensable reference, herbal expert Stephen Harrod Buhner explains the roots of antibiotic resistance, explores the value of herbal treatments, and provides in-depth profiles of 30 valuable herbs, noting for each one its antibiotic properties, methods for collection and preparation, dosages, potential side effects, contraindications, and alternatives. As we prepare for the end of antibiotics, this comprehensive guide is a must-have in every family's medicine cabinet.
|The American Diabetes Association Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook
Lowest new price: $9.95
Lowest used price: $7.24
List price: $19.95
Author: Robyn Webb
Brand: American Diabetes Association
While fancy and sophisticated foods continue to grow in popularity, ask most people what their favorite foods are and the answer will invariably be classic comfort foods: lasagna, meat loaf, mac and cheese, and cake. Unfortunately, most people think that having diabetes means the days of enjoying these hearty classics are long gone, and that their favorite foods are a thing of the past. Author Robyn Webb shows that healthy eating doesn't have to mean giving up on favorite foods! Diabetes can be overwhelming, but it doesn't mean reinventing the wheel when it comes to cooking. Just a tweak here and there and familiar foods can remain favorites, guilt-free, and enjoyed every day.
The American Diabetes Association Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook creates a go-to” collection of updated comfort foods for families that need to cook nutritionally sound and diabetic-friendly meals that will satisfy and soothe the souls of the member (or members) of the family with diabetesand do the same for the rest of the family. No need to cook two meals to please everyone in the household. Now everyone can enjoy the same hearty and nutritious meals. This book will ease the stress of planning meals by offering easy and flavorful recipes and a menu planning guide that allows for mix and match meals that will keep everyone in the family happy, healthy, and satisfied.
Filled with gorgeous original photography and a beautiful four-color design, this cookbook will look as good as it's meals. Sprinkled with helpful tips and time-saving advice, The American Diabetes Association Comfort Food Cookbook will not only make classic comfort foods healthier and diabetes friendly, it will make them a snap to prepare as well.
Following a diabetic meal plan doesn't have to be a flavorless chore. Now everyone can enjoy the classic foods they know and love!
|The Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need
Lowest new price: $30.08
Lowest used price: $30.98
List price: $66.99
Author: Malcolm S. Thaler
Brand: Brand: Lippincott Williams Wilkins
This popular and practical text presents all the information clinicians need to use the EKG in everyday practice and interpret hypertrophy and enlargement, arrhythmias, conduction blocks, pre-excitation syndromes, and myocardial infarction. It is an ideal reference for medical students in ICM courses, house officers, or anyone directly involved in patient care, whether student, teacher, or practitioner.
- Four-color design to make models, illustrations and tracings clearer
- More questions for faculty test generator
- Numerous new tracings
- Expanded sections on subjects where new developments have made deeper understanding possible including atrial fibrillation, long QT syndrome, apical ballooning syndrome and more
- 200 facsimiles of EKG strips
- Clinical examples to help students get a sense of the clinical use of EKG
- Numerous case studies
- Online companion site with fully searchable text and image bank. Plus, an interactive question bank for students, EKG Image with explanation test bank and test generator for faculty
- Used Book in Good Condition
|The Complete Low-FODMAP Diet: A Revolutionary Plan for Managing IBS and Other Digestive Disorders
Lowest new price: $10.70
Lowest used price: $11.73
List price: $18.95
Author: Sue Shepherd PhD
Brand: Brand: The Experiment
A diet plan proven to relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive disorders—presented by the world’s leading experts and tailored to you
“What can I do to feel better?” For years, millions of adults who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) have asked this question, often to be met with scientifically unfounded or inadequate advice.
The low-FODMAP diet is the long-awaited answer. In clinical trials, over three quarters of people with chronic digestive symptoms gain significant relief by reducing their intake of FODMAPs—difficult-to-digest carbs found in foods such as wheat, milk, beans, soy, and certain fruits, vegetables, nuts, and sweeteners.
In The Complete Low-FODMAP Diet, Sue Shepherd and Peter Gibson explain what causes digestive distress, how the low-FODMAP diet helps, and how to:
• Identify and avoid foods high in FODMAPs
• Develop a personalized and sustainable low-FODMAP diet
• Shop, menu plan, entertain, travel, and eat out with peace of mind
• Follow the program if you have IBS, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, or diabetes, and if you eat a vegetarian, vegan, low-fat, or dairy-free diet.
And, with 80 delicious low-FODMAP, gluten-free recipes, you can manage your symptoms, feel great, and eat well—for life.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Digestive Health with REAL Food: A Practical Guide to an Anti-Inflammatory, Nutrient Dense Diet for IBS & Other Digestive Issues
Lowest new price: $20.92
Lowest used price: $21.92
List price: $34.95
Author: Aglaée Jacob M.S. R.D.
Health begins in the gut. In addition to digestive disorders, many other health problems can stem from damage to your intestines, including migraines, skin problems, autoimmune conditions, and weight abnormalities, so tackling your digestion first is smart if you want to maximize your chances of obtaining optimal health. Beyond simply managing your symptoms, Digestive Health with REAL Food will teach you how to address the root causes of your digestive troubles to achieve optimal digestive and overall health.
The information in Digestive Health with REAL Food will help you build your own optimal diet by identifying the best foods for your digestive system: ones that are easy to digest, anti-inflammatory, nutrient-dense, healing and low in irritants and allergens. The nutritional protocol in this book, developed by registered dietitian Aglaée Jacob, addresses numerous digestive problems, including:
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) | Crohn s disease | Ulcerative colitis Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) |Fructose malabsorption FODMAP intolerance | Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) Gallbladder issues | Abnormal intestinal permeability (leaky gut) Gut dysbiosis (gut flora imbalance) | Celiac disease | Non-celiac gluten sensitivity Multiple food sensitivities | And many more...
In addition to guiding you on how to successfully follow an elimination diet, Aglaée will teach you everything you need to know about dietary supplements, stress management, eating out, and travel strategies, as well as how to troubleshoot various digestive problems. The book includes over 40 recipes, each accompanied by a stunning color photograph, meal/snack ideas, helpful charts, food lists and weekly meal plans to get you started on the path to better digestion.
Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all solution to digestive problems, but the evidence-based, customized and holistic nutritional approach in Digestive Health with REAL Food will give you the tools to tackle your digestive issues and optimize your health.
|Pathophysiology of Heart Disease: A Collaborative Project of Medical Students and Faculty (PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF HEART DISEASE (LILLY))
Lowest new price: $38.00
Lowest used price: $28.53
List price: $48.99
Author: Leonard S. Lilly MD
Revised and updated for its Fifth Edition, Pathophysiology of Heart Disease delivers a concise, easy-to-understand introduction to cardiovascular diseases. This best-selling text is written by internationally recognized Harvard Medical School faculty and select medical students and specifically designed to meet the needs of medical students during their initial encounters with patients with heart disease. This edition has improved consistency of coverage and level of detail and enhanced illustrations.
A companion website on thePoint will include the fully searchable text and audio heart sounds, plus an image bank for faculty.
|The Official Pocket Guide to Diabetic Exchanges: Choose Your Foods
Lowest new price: $2.93
Lowest used price: $2.93
List price: $6.95
Author: ADA American Diabetes Association
Completely updated to match the newest edition of Choose Your Foods: Exchange Lists for Diabetes Meal Planning, this pocket-sized bestseller is now better and more complete than ever.
Every day and at every meal, millions of people use the exchange list system to help them plan their meal, choose the healthiest foods, and estimate the right portions. By grouping similar foods into exchangeable portion sizes, people with diabetes can instantly create entire meals, specifically designed to help them control their blood glucose and lose weight. This proven system is the most popular approach to diabetes meal planning and has been used by dietitians, diabetes educators, and millions of people with diabetes for over 40 years.
This portable, pocket-sized version of the Choose Your Foods: Exchange Lists for Diabetes Meal Planning takes all of the information from the original and packages it in a format that's perfect for trips to the grocery store or a meal at a restaurant. Updates to this new, third edition, includes new foods—especially combination foods and fast foods, such as burritos, hamburgers, and other popular meals—revised portions, and updated meal planning tips and techniques. Also included is a new section on alcohol, including tips for working it into meal plans and information on consuming it safely and moderately within a diabetes meal plan.
This new edition has also been redesigned to make finding particular foods and food groups even easier. Plus, the expanded index makes finding individual foods even easier than before.
With more foods, revised portion sizes, and the combined knowledge of the American Diabetes Association and the American Dietetic Association, this handy guide is the ultimate meal planning tool for everyone with diabetes.
|Outsmart Your Cancer: Alternative Non-Toxic Treatments That Work (Second Edition) With CD
Lowest new price: $11.63
Lowest used price: $9.74
List price: $26.95
Author: Tanya Harter Pierce
Brand: Brand: Thoughtworks Publishing
Model: Title Fruit and Bottle
This easy-to-read alternative treatment guide could save your life. Outsmart Your Cancer explodes the myths about alternative cancer treatments and explains why non-toxic methods are more effective than conventional ones. This second edition of Outsmart Your Cancer includes new chapters, an audio CD with inspiring recovery testimonials from cancer survivors, and an incredible amount of valuable information. Twenty-one different alternative methods are discussed along with real-life stories of people who completely recovered from a variety of advanced or late-stage cancers using alternative approaches. The book explains why alternative methods work better than conventional toxic treatments and presents details about the scientific basis for them, including the amazing formula called Protocel, which has produced incredible cancer recoveries over the past twenty years.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Pharmacology: A Nursing Process Approach, 7e (Kee, Pharmacology)
Lowest new price: $60.95
Lowest used price: $50.00
List price: $99.95
Author: Joyce LeFever Kee MS RN
Featuring concise, straightforward coverage, Pharmacology: A Nursing Process Approach, 7th Edition puts nursing pharmacology concepts and essential drug calculation skills into a practical nursing context to prepare you for real-world drug administration responsibilities. This edition has been revised and updated with the most current nursing pharmacology information available. Innovative features such as Prototype Drug Charts, Nursing Process Summaries, an extensive math/dosage calculation section, and NCLEX® Examination-style study questions make nursing pharmacology more understandable than ever.
- Unique! Prototype Drug Charts provide easy access to key information on dosages, contraindications, drug-lab-food interactions, pharmacokinetics, and more for more than 100 drugs.
- Unique! An extensive, color-coded dosage calculation section covers six methods of dosage calculation - basic formula, ratio and proportion, fractional equation, dimensional analysis, and dosing by body weight and body surface area - eliminating the need for a separate dosage calculation book.
- Nursing Process Summaries present client care and drug therapy within the framework of each step of the nursing process, including information on client teaching and cultural and herbal considerations.
- Preventing Medication Errors boxes reinforce concepts introduced in the medication safety chapter and highlight common errors that occur in clinical practice to help you ensure safe drug administration.
- Herbal Alerts provide a quick reference to side effects, drug interactions, and additional information for popular herbs you may encounter in practice.
- A fully updated bioterrorism appendix helps you recognize the clinical manifestations of bioterrorism weapons and respond with appropriate nursing care.
- Unique! Illustrated overviews of normal anatomy and physiology in all drug therapy chapters help you understand how drugs work in various body systems.
- Critical Thinking Case Studies at the end of each chapter challenge you to apply your knowledge and analytical skills to realistic client scenarios.
- NCLEX® Study Questions for each chapter help prepare you for the growing pharmacology coverage on the NCLEX® Examination. Answers are listed upside-down at the bottom of the page for quick feedback.
- New medication safety chapter discusses medication errors, specific nursing measures to prevent medication errors, possible consequences of medication errors to nurses, responses to errors, reporting and learning from mistakes, and related ethical issues.
- Enhanced NCLEX® Examination-style study questions are now more application-based and include at least one alternate-item format question per chapter.
- Updated chapters on cultural considerations and women's health bring you the latest information on these important considerations in drug therapy.
- More reader-friendly and understandable than ever, this edition features helpful new photos throughout.
- Used Book in Good Condition
|Pharmacotherapy A Pathophysiologic Approach 9/E
Lowest new price: $147.00
Lowest used price: $147.89
List price: $210.00
Author: Joseph DiPiro
25 ADDITIONAL CHAPTERS AVAILABLE ONLINE
THE LANDMARK TEXT ON HOW TO ACHIEVE OPTIMAL PATIENT OUTCOMES THROUGH EVIDENCE-BASED MEDICATION THERAPY
Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach is written to help you advance the quality of patient care through evidence-based medication therapy derived from sound pharmacotherapeutic principles. The scope of this trusted classic goes beyond drug indications and dosages to include the initial selection, proper administration, and monitoring of drugs. You will find everything you need to provide safe, effective drug therapy across the full range of therapeutic categories.
This edition is enriched by more than 300 expert contributors, and every chapter has been revised and updated to reflect the latest evidence-based information and recommendations. Important features such as Key Concepts at the beginning of each chapter, Clinical Presentation tables that summarize disease signs and symptoms, and Clinical Controversies boxes that examine the complicated issues faced by students and clinicians in providing drug therapy make this text an essential learning tool for students, patient-focused pharmacists, and other health care providers.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- A section on personalized pharmacotherapy appears in most sections
- All diagnostic flow diagrams, treatment algorithms, dosing guideline recommendations, and monitoring approaches have been updated in full color to clearly distinguish treatment pathways
- New drug monitoring tables have been added
- Most of the disease-oriented chapters have incorporated evidence-based treatment guidelines that often include ratings of the level of evidence to support the key therapeutic approaches
- Twenty-five online-only chapters are available at www.pharmacotherapyonline.com
Page 2 of 5606
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.