|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
|Patent It Yourself: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Filing at the U.S. Patent Office
Lowest new price: $30.40
Lowest used price: $30.65
List price: $49.99
Author: David Pressman Attorney
Patent your creation with the world's bestselling guide to patents!
Have a world-class idea? Ready to protect your invention from copycats? Then turn to the best resource available -- Patent It Yourself.
Attorney David Pressman takes you through the entire patent process, providing scrupulously updated information and clear instructions to help you:
. determine if you can patent your invention
. understand patent law
. evaluate the commercial potential of your idea
. perform your own patent search
. file a provisional patent application
. prepare a formal patent application
. respond to patent examiners
. amend an application
. enforce and maintain your patent
. market and license your invention
Thoroughly updated to reflect the latest changes in intellectual property law, this edition provides the latest U.S. Patent and Trademark Office rules and forms. It includes up-to-date discussions of the new "first to file" rule, which promises to revolutionize patent law.
Whether you're new at the inventing game or a grizzled veteran, Patent It Yourself will save you grief, time and money.
|Intellectual Property: The Law of Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, and Trade Secrets
Lowest new price: $185.00
Lowest used price: $168.82
List price: $226.95
Author: Deborah E. Bouchoux
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: THE LAW OF TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHTS, PATENTS, AND TRADE SECRETS, Fourth Edition, is a thorough guide to the four fields of intellectual property law: trademarks, copyrights, patents, and trade secrets. This comprehensive, yet reader-friendly book helps you master the complexities of modern intellectual property law, including topics such as registration procedures, duration of rights, protection from infringement, current concerns in each field, and international trends and developments. Now updated in a new Fourth Edition, this wide-ranging book features coverage of cutting-edge issues such as technological innovations, intellectual property in the digital age, the role of the Internet, and evolving business law. In addition to an in-depth overview of each field, the book features abundant practical material, such as sample agreements, forms, checklists of paralegal tasks, charts, citations, statutes, realistic case studies, excerpts of real cases, and interesting trivia to capture your interest and provide valuable insights into real-world paralegal practice. Additional useful features include references to intellectual property websites, questions to encourage targeted Internet research, Case Illustrations, Case Study and Activities, Role of Paralegal element, and "Ethics Edge" boxes that explore ethical issues related to chapter content.
- This thorough, engaging text provides a comprehensive overview of the four fields of intellectual property law-trademarks, copyrights, patents, and trade secrets-including essential concepts, practical tools and examples, and activities to support learning and skill development.
- "Ethics Edge" features in every chapter address ethical issues related to course material, helping students appreciate the complexities and ramifications of the situations they will encounter as working paralegals-and reinforcing the importance of ethical action as a standard of professional practice.
- "Using Internet Resources" features direct students to access intellectual property websites to gain familiarity with common resources used by legal professionals, and to look up current information on ongoing cases, active discussions, and evolving trends.
- Each chapter incorporates multiple class activities, including a realistic case study, questions for group discussion, and trivia questions, all designed to reinforce learning and encourage students to engage with the material for easier mastery.
- Complete, comprehensive appendices feature sample forms, agreements, charts, statutes, and references to state trademark laws and provisions for all 50 states, providing an abundance of useful, real-world tools and material to help students prepare for professional success.
|Patents, Copyrights & Trademarks For Dummies
Lowest new price: $13.53
Lowest used price: $7.23
List price: $24.99
Author: Henri J. A. Charmasson
Useful tips and step-by-step guidance from filing to issue to license
Acquire and protect your share of this major business asset
Want to secure and exploit the intellectual property rights due you or your company? This easy-to-follow guide shows you how — helping you to evaluate your idea's commercial potential, conduct patent and trademark searches, document the invention process, license your IP rights, and comply with international laws. Plus, you get detailed examples of each patent application type!
Discover how to:
Avoid application blunders
Register trademarks and copyrights
Meet patent requirements
Navigate complex legal issues
Protect your rights abroad
See the CD appendix for details and complete system requirements.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
|Intellectual Property in the New Technological Age, Sixth Edition (Aspen Casebooks)
Lowest new price: $138.11
Lowest used price: $80.00
List price: $197.00
Author: Robert P. Merges
In the fifth edition of Intellectual Property in the New Technological Age, luminary authors Merges, Menell, and Lemley continue to offer broad, accessible coverage of the full range of legal protections for intellectual property. Including seminal and cutting-edge cases and materials, this landmark casebook incorporates practice problems that encourage students to think like practitioners.
Timely and forward thinking, the authors of Intellectual Property in the New Technological Age offer:
- complete coverage of basic and cutting-edge Intellectual Property law issues
- an excellent selection of cases and materials
- practice problems that develop students' skills in applying the law
- a law and economics perspective
- detailed treatment of new media issues, such as computer software
- an introduction to biotechnology and the latest legal developments in the Statutory and Case Supplement
- an Author Website with new cases and developments in IP law
Updated throughout, the Fifth Edition offers:
- revised patent materials that include the Bilski decision.
- changes in patentable subject matter, obviousness, and the law of willfulness
- new developments in digital copyright law and fair use
- Trademark chapter revised to include dilution, merchandising, Internet keywords, Rescuecom v. Google, and fair use
- Software cases newly integrated into main chapters
|Patent Law, Fourth Edition (Aspen Treatise)
Lowest new price: $55.00
Lowest used price: $48.99
List price: $75.00
Author: Janice M. Mueller
Patent Law delivers a succinct, single-volume explanation of the principal legal doctrines, key judicial authority, governing statutes, and guiding policy considerations in obtaining and enforcing a U.S. patent. The text breaks down the often abstract and complex statutes and cases into understandable pieces. A final chapter addresses central aspects of international patent law as they affect U.S. practice. Written at an appropriate level for students with or without technical backgrounds, Patent Law is suitable for use with any patent casebook. A valuable reference for students who go on to careers in IP law, the text is helpful in preparing students who choose to take the Patent Office's registration exam. Patent law terms of art are highlighted in boldface type throughout the text and defined in a glossary for quick reference. Visual aids and a sample patent with its prosecution history help students through the course.
The Fourth Edition introduces a new chapter explaining the complex America Invents Act of 2011, the most significant change in U.S. patent law in years. The updated text includes key recent Supreme Court cases and Federal Circuit cases such as Mayo v. Prometheus (U.S. 2012) on patent-eligible subject matter and Therasense v. Becton Dickinson (Fed. Cir. 2011) (en banc) on inequitable conduct.
- succinct, single-volume explanation
- principal legal doctrines
- key judicial authority
- governing statutes
- guiding policy considerations in obtaining and enforcing a U.S. patent.
- breaks down abstract and complex patent statutes and cases into understandable text
- last chapter addresses international patent law s affect on U.S. practice .
- for students with or without technical backgrounds
- suitable for use with any patent casebook
- helpful in preparing to take the Patent Office's registration exam
- highlights patent law terms of art in boldface type and defines them in a glossary for quick reference
- visual aids illuminate the text
- includes a sample patent and its prosecution history
- valuable reference for students who go on to careers in IP law
Thoroughly updated, the revised Fourth Edition presents:
- new chapter explaining the complex America Invents Act of 2011, the most significant change in U.S. patent law in years
- key recent Supreme Court cases and Federal Circuit cases
- Mayo v. Prometheus (U.S. 2012) (patent-eligible subject matter)
- Therasense v. Becton Dickinson (Fed. Cir. 2011) (en banc ) (inequitable conduct)
|Understanding and Managing Cybercrime
Lowest new price: $85.55
Lowest used price: $61.84
List price: $95.40
Author: Sam C. McQuade III
Provides a general yet original overview of cybercrime and the legal, social, and technical issues that cybercrime presents.
Understanding and Managing Cybercrime is accessible to a wide audience and written at an introductory level for use in courses that focus on the challenges having to do with emergence, prevention, and control of high tech crime. It takes a multidisciplinary perspective, essential to full appreciation of the subject and in dealing with this very complex type of criminal activity. The text ties together various disciplines—information technology, the sociology/anthropology of cyberspace, computer security, deviance, law, criminal justice, risk management, and strategic thinking.
|The Tech Contracts Handbook: Software Licenses and Technology Services Agreements for Lawyers and Businesspeople
Lowest new price: $26.66
Lowest used price: $41.83
List price: $34.95
Author: David Tollen
This is a practical and accessible reference book and training manual on IT contracts. It's a clause-by-clause "how to" guide on software licenses and technology services agreements, covering the issues at stake and offering negotiation tips and sample contract language.
This handbook is for both lawyers and businesspeople, including contract managers, procurement officers, corporate counsel, salespeople, and anyone else responsible for getting IT deals done. Perhaps most important, this book uses simple English, like a good contract.
Topics covered include:
- Software as a service (SaaS) and cloud computing agreements
- Open source software
- Service level agreements
- Nondisclosure agreements
- Limitations of liability
- Internet and e-commerce contracts
- Software escrow
- Data security
- Copyright licensing
- And much more
|The Idea Writers: Copywriting in a New Media and Marketing Era
Lowest new price: $10.52
Lowest used price: $5.88
List price: $18.00
Author: Teressa Iezzi
This book is a must read for any copywriter and anyone looking to understand the new realities of the brand creativity business.
A memorable slogan has been the cornerstone of every great ad campaign. In the past, writing one great headline could launch a career. But today's advertising campaigns are interactive, multi-platform and ongoing, and the copywriter's canvas is vast. At any given time, a copywriter may be conceiving a video game, writing a TV show, maintaining a Twitter feed, creating a mobile app or an interactive installation or, yes, writing a headline or a TV script.
While the best copywriters have always been brand storytellers, now that story can play out anywhere. The digital revolution put control in the hands of the people - the audience - now no longer just consumers, but active participants in a brand's story.
The art and science of advertising has gone from creating one-way messages to engaging audiences in ongoing conversations.
A new ad landscape means new opportunities for writers who now have the incredible opportunity to push brand narrative to places it's never been before and to actually create something so useful or entertaining that it generates its own audience. It also means that many of the rules of the past - while exceedingly worthy of study - are insufficient to guide the modern copywriter. Co-published with AdvertisingAge, The Idea Writers outlines the changing landscape of the advertising industry while providing useful how-to advice.
Filled with interviews from top creatives including:
Greg Hahn, Nick Law, Jeff Benjamin, Tim Delaney, Rei Inamoto, Lee Clow, Steve Simpson, Rick Condos, David Droga, Gerry Graf, Ty Montague, Calle and Pelle Sjonell, PJ Pereira, David Abbott and many more!
|Examples & Explanations: Intellectual Property, Fourth Edition
Lowest new price: $29.98
Lowest used price: $18.00
List price: $49.95
Author: Stephen M. McJohn
Using proven Examples & Explanations pedagogy, this comprehensive study guide provides students with a short account of the law, followed by a variety of concrete examples and explanations that help reinforce and give substance to the key rules and concepts in intellectual property law. Its flexible organization lets students move freely between topics that range from copyrights, to patents, trademarks and trade secrets. Keyed to all major IP survey courses and using compelling examples, Intellectual Property: Examples & Explanations is a straightforward guide that gives students a solid grounding in this dynamic area of law.
The Fourth Edition has been substantially updated to include new case law, explanations and examples across a wide variety of intellectual property issues. Several new Supreme Court cases have been added to the section on patents; the copyright section now includes constitutional limits on the scope of copyright legislation and multiple cases on the boundaries of fair use and the extent of moral rights of artists; new material on limits on trademark protections, ISP liability and cybersquatting are included in the section on trademarks; and new issues defining trade secrets in the Internet Age round out the Fourth Edition.
- Complete coverage of core topics in intellectual property
- Keyed to the major IP survey casebooks, with enough examples to reinforce any gaps in the text coverage.
- Proven Examples & Explanations pedagogy helps reinforce key rules and concepts.
- Focuses on the fundamentals, concentrating on basic rules and concepts and avoiding more sophisticated, specialized topics.
- Flexible organization adapts to any course structure and allows students to work independently, brushing up on specific topics as needed.
The Fourth Edition has been substantially updated with the following new material:
- Constitutional limits on the scope of copyright legislation.
- Extent of moral rights of artists.
- Multiple cases on the boundaries of fair use; licensing issues; work made for hire in the startup company context; rights of buyers of copyrighted products and services, limits on digital rights management systems.
- New Patent law:
- Several Supreme Court cases, including patentability of business methods, software, and genes; ownership of university inventions; standards for invalidating patents; standard for secondary liability.
- Other cases on liability for inaccurately marking a product as patented and scope of patent protection for biotech inventions.
- Coverage of 2011 revision of patent statute by America Invents Act
- Limits on trademark protection for functional items.
- ISP liability for customers' trademark infringement.
- Trade secret:
- Cases on trade secret infringement among competitors.
- Intersection between computer fraud and trade secret protection.
- Cases on limits on what information qualifies as a trade secret, such as product concepts and databases.
|Emanuel Law Outlines: Intellectual Property, 2012 Edition
Lowest new price: $28.99
Lowest used price: $25.00
List price: $43.95
Author: Margreth Barrett
The most trusted name in law school outlines, Emanuel Law Outlines support your class preparation, provide reference for your outline creation, and supply a comprehensive breakdown of topic matter for your entire study process. Created by Steven Emanuel, these course outlines have been relied on by generations of law students. Each title includes both capsule and detailed versions of the critical issues and key topics you must know to master the course. Also included are exam questions with model answers, an alpha-list of cases, and a cross reference table of cases for all of the leading casebooks.
Emanuel Law Outline Features:
- #1 outline choice among law students
- Comprehensive review of all major topics
- Capsule summary of all topics
- Cross-reference table of cases
- Time-saving format
- Great for exam prep
Page 1 of 1091
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.