|Browse by Catagory:
Civil Rights & Liberties
War & Peace
Cajun & Creole Cooking
Caribbean & West Indian Cooking
Diabetic & Sugar-Free Cooking
Low Fat Cooking
Middle Eastern Cooking
Pacific Rim Cooking
Home & Garden
Literature & Fiction
Sheet Music & Scores
Environmental & Natural Resources Law
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
Procedures & Litigation
Water Supply & Land Use
Lawyer and Crimal Humor
Outdoors & Nature
Hiking & Camping
Hunting & Fishing
Beer & Beer Making
Health & Fitness
Diets & Weight Loss
Children's Science & Nature
Vitamins & Supplements
Psychology and Counseling
Philosophy of Psychology
Physiological Aspects of Psychology
Psychology of Sexuality
Psychology Testing & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Logic & Brain Teasers
Chaos & Systems
Geometry & Topology
Probability & Statistics
Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
Chaos & Systems
Fusion & Fission
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Waves & Wave Mechanics
Administration & Policy
Allied Health Professions
Medical Education & Training
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Physician & Patient
Insects & Spiders
Fish & Aquariums
Mobile & Wireless Computing: Programming
Linux Kernel & Peripherals
Linux Networking & Administration
State & Local History
Sci Fi Calendars
Bujold, Lois McMaster
Card, Orson Scott
Chalker, Jack L.
Heinlein, Robert A.
McKillip, Patricia A.
Nye, Jody Lynn
Linux Networking & Administration
|The Linux Command Line: A Complete Introduction
Lowest new price: $21.00
Lowest used price: $15.99
List price: $39.95
Author: William E. Shotts Jr.
You've experienced the shiny, point-and-click surface of your Linux computer—now dive below and explore its depths with the power of the command line.
The Linux Command Line takes you from your very first terminal keystrokes to writing full programs in Bash, the most popular Linux shell. Along the way you'll learn the timeless skills handed down by generations of gray-bearded, mouse-shunning gurus: file navigation, environment configuration, command chaining, pattern matching with regular expressions, and more.
In addition to that practical knowledge, author William Shotts reveals the philosophy behind these tools and the rich heritage that your desktop Linux machine has inherited from Unix supercomputers of yore.
As you make your way through the book's short, easily-digestible chapters, you'll learn how to:
- Create and delete files, directories, and symlinks
- Administer your system, including networking, package installation, and process management
- Use standard input and output, redirection, and pipelines
- Edit files with Vi, the world's most popular text editor
- Write shell scripts to automate common or boring tasks
- Slice and dice text files with cut, paste, grep, patch, and sed
Once you overcome your initial "shell shock," you'll find that the command line is a natural and expressive way to communicate with your computer. Just don't be surprised if your mouse starts to gather dust.
Praise for The Linux Command Line
"I can honestly say I have found THE beginner's guide to Linux."
"Anyone who reads this book and makes use of the examples provided will not be able to avoid becoming a Unix command line pro by the time they've hit the end of the book."
"The most approachable tome on the subject."
"If you’re new to the command line there is definitely a lot that you can learn from this book."
"This is exactly what a Linux beginner needs to get up to speed quickly. The book goes beyond simply walking through all of the command line utilities, and ventures into the realm of theory and how things work together."
—Nicholas C. Zakas, web software engineer and author
|RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide (Exams EX200 & EX300), 6th Edition (Certification Press)
Lowest new price: $30.79
Lowest used price: $24.26
List price: $60.00
Author: Michael Jang
The best fully integrated study system available (Exams EX200 and EX300)
With hundreds of review questions and complete coverage of performance-based requirements, RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide, Sixth Edition covers what you need to know--and shows you how to prepare--for these challenging exams.
- 100% complete coverage of all official objectives for Exams EX200 and EX300
- Exam Readiness Checklist--you're ready for the exam when all objectives on the list are checked off
- Inside the Exam sections in every chapter highlight key exam topics covered
- Two-Minute Drills for quick review
- 100+ lab questions--two full lab-based RHCSA exams and two full lab-based RHCE exams--match the format, tone, topics, and difficulty of the real exam
Covers all the exam topics, including:
Virtual Machines and Automated Installations * Fundamental Command Line Skills * RHCSA-Level Security Options * The Boot Process * Linux Filesystem Administration * Package Management * User Administration * RHCSA-Level System Administration * RHCE Security * System Services and SELinux * RHCE Administration * Mail Servers * Samba * File Sharing * DNS, FTP, and Logging
- Complete lab-based exam preparation, featuring:
- Two full RHCSA practice exams
- Two full RHCE practice exams
- Lab-based chapter self tests
- In-depth answer explanations for all labs
- RHCSA and RHCE Glossary
- PDF copy of the book for studying on the go
Michael Jang, RHCE, LPIC-2, UCP, LCP, MCP, is the author of three previous bestselling editions of RHCE Red Hat Certified Engineer Linux Study Guide and several other books on Linux and professional certification.
|UNIX and Linux System Administration Handbook (4th Edition)
Lowest new price: $48.38
Lowest used price: $37.00
List price: $74.99
Author: Evi Nemeth
“As an author, editor, and publisher, I never paid much attention to the competition–except in a few cases. This is one of those cases. The UNIX System Administration Handbook is one of the few books we ever measured ourselves against.”
–From the Foreword by Tim O’Reilly, founder of O’Reilly Media
“This book is fun and functional as a desktop reference. If you use UNIX and Linux systems, you need this book in your short-reach library. It covers a bit of the systems’ history but doesn’t bloviate. It’s just straightfoward information delivered in colorful and memorable fashion.”
–Jason A. Nunnelley
“This is a comprehensive guide to the care and feeding of UNIX and Linux systems. The authors present the facts along with seasoned advice and real-world examples. Their perspective on the variations among systems is valuable for anyone who runs a heterogeneous computing facility.”
The twentieth anniversary edition of the world’s best-selling UNIX system administration book has been made even better by adding coverage of the leading Linux distributions: Ubuntu, openSUSE, and RHEL.
This book approaches system administration in a practical way and is an invaluable reference for both new administrators and experienced professionals. It details best practices for every facet of system administration, including storage management, network design and administration, email, web hosting, scripting, software configuration management, performance analysis, Windows interoperability, virtualization, DNS, security, management of IT service organizations, and much more. UNIX® and Linux® System Administration Handbook, Fourth Edition, reflects the current versions of these operating systems:
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Oracle America® Solaris™ (formerly Sun Solaris)
Lowest new price: $26.56
Lowest used price: $26.47
List price: $49.99
Author: Christopher Negus
More than 50 percent new and revised content for today's Linux environment gets you up and running in no time!
Linux continues to be an excellent, low-cost alternative to expensive operating systems. Whether you're new to Linux or need a reliable update and reference, this is an excellent resource. Veteran bestselling author Christopher Negus provides a complete tutorial packed with major updates, revisions, and hands-on exercises so that you can confidently start using Linux today.
- Offers a complete restructure, complete with exercises, to make the book a better learning tool
- Places a strong focus on the Linux command line tools and can be used with all distributions and versions of Linux
- Features in-depth coverage of the tools that a power user and a Linux administrator need to get started
This practical learning tool is ideal for anyone eager to set up a new Linux desktop system at home or curious to learn how to manage Linux server systems at work.
|RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Practice Exams with Virtual Machines (Exams EX200 & EX300)
Lowest new price: $21.08
Lowest used price: $21.73
List price: $40.00
Author: Michael Jang
Don’t Let the Real Test Be Your First Test! RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Practice Exams with Virtual Machines (Exams EX200 & EX300) features 100+ hands-on labs, four complete practice exams, and three virtual machines. To help you understand the material, the labs and practice exams are accompanied by in-depth answer explanations. This practical guide covers all official objectives for Exams EX200 and EX300 and is the perfect companion to RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide, Sixth Edition.
Covers all exam topics, including:
Virtual Machines and Automated Installations • Fundamental Command Line Skills • RHCSA-Level Security Options • The Boot Process • Linux Filesystem Administration • Package Management • User Administration • RHCSA-Level System Administration Tasks • Security • System Services and SELinux • RHCE Administrative Tasks • Electronic Mail Servers • The Apache Web Server • The Samba File Server • More File-Sharing Services • Administrative Services: DNS, FTP, and Logging
Includes three virtual machines preloaded with:
In order to take advantage of the virtual machines that accompany this book you will need a 64-bit system with hardware virtualization enabled as well as RHEL 6 or its equivalent.
- Two RHCSA practice exams
- Two RHCE practice exams
- 100+ hands-on labs
|Puppet 3 Cookbook
Lowest new price: $40.49
Lowest used price: $54.28
List price: $44.99
Author: John Arundel
Build reliable, scalable, secure, and high-performance systems to fully utilize the power of cloud computing
- Use Puppet 3 to take control of your servers and desktops, with detailed step-by-step instructions
- Covers all the popular tools and frameworks used with Puppet: Dashboard, Foreman, and more
- Teaches you how to extend Puppet with custom functions, types, and providers
- Packed with tips and inspiring ideas for using Puppet to automate server builds, deployments, and workflows
A revolution is happening in web operations. Configuration management tools can build servers in seconds, and automate your entire network. Tools like Puppet are essential to taking full advantage of the power of cloud computing, and building reliable, scalable, secure, high-performance systems. More and more systems administration and IT jobs require some knowledge of configuration management, and specifically Puppet.
"Puppet 3 Cookbook" takes you beyond the basics to explore the full power of Puppet, showing you in detail how to tackle a variety of real-world problems and applications. At every step it shows you exactly what commands you need to type, and includes full code samples for every recipe.
The book takes the reader from a basic knowledge of Puppet to a complete and expert understanding of Puppet’s latest and most advanced features, community best practices, writing great manifests, scaling and performance, and extending Puppet by adding your own providers and resources. It starts with guidance on how to set up and expand your Puppet infrastructure, then progresses through detailed information on the language and features, external tools, reporting, monitoring, and troubleshooting, and concludes with many specific recipes for managing popular applications.
The book includes real examples from production systems and techniques that are in use in some of the world’s largest Puppet installations, including a distributed Puppet architecture based on the Git version control system. You’ll be introduced to powerful tools that work with Puppet such as Hiera. The book also explains managing Ruby applications and MySQL databases, building web servers, load balancers, high-availability systems with Heartbeat, and many other state-of-the-art techniques
What you will learn from this book
- Installing and setting up Puppet for the first time
- Producing eye-catching reports and information for management
- Understanding common error messages and troubleshooting common problems
- Managing large networks
- Taking control of configuration data with Hiera and encrypting secrets with GnuPG
- Producing reliable, clean, maintainable code to community standards with puppet-lint and rspec-puppet
- Using classes and inheritance to write powerful Puppet code
- Deploying configuration files and templates for lightning-fast installations
- Using virtual machines to build test and staging environments, and production systems on cloud platforms such as EC2
- Automating every aspect of your systems including provisioning, deployment and change management
- Making Puppet reliable, performant, and scalable
|SSH Mastery: OpenSSH, PuTTY, Tunnels and Keys
Lowest new price: $16.49
Lowest used price: $16.76
List price: $19.95
Author: Michael W Lucas
Secure Shell (SSH) lets systems administrators securely manage remote systems. But most people only use the bare minimum SSH offers. Used properly, SSH simplifies your job and improves security.
This book saves you from sifting a decade of obsolete online tutorials and quickly gets you running:SSH with the OpenSSH server and the PuTTY and OpenSSH clients. You will:
* Eliminate passwords.
* Manage access to your SSH server by users, groups, addresses, and more
* Securely move files around your network
* Forward graphic displays from one host to another
* Forward TCP/IP connections
* Centrally manage host keys and client configurations
* Use SSH as a secure transport for other applications
* Secure applications run over SSH
* Build Virtual Private Networks with OpenSSH
And more! This book quickly and painlessly simplifies life for anyone using SSH.
|Linux+ Guide to Linux Certification (Networking (Course Technology))
Lowest new price: $137.49
Lowest used price: $50.00
List price: $185.95
Author: Jason W. Eckert
Brand: Brand: Cengage Learning
LINUX+ GUIDE TO LINUX CERTIFICATION, THIRD EDITION offers the most up-to-date information to empower users to successfully pass CompTIA's Linux+ (Powered by LPI) Certification exam, while maintaining a focus on quality, classroom usability, and real-world experience. This complete guide provides not only the conceptual knowledge, but also the hands-on skills necessary to work with the Linux operation systems in a network administration environment. Comprehensive coverage includes updated information pertinent to the latest Linux distributions, as well as new storage technologies such as LVM and ext4. Readers will learn about new and expanded material on key job-related networking services including FTP, NFS, Samba, Apache, DNS, DHCP, NTP, RADIUS, LDAP, Squid, Sendmail, Postfix, X, SSH, VNC, SQL, and updated information on security practices and technologies. The Hands-On Projects help learners practice new skills, and review questions and key terms reinforce important concepts.
- Maps fully to CompTIA's Linux+ (Powered by LPI) certification exam, including coverage of new technologies.
- Provides readers with both the conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills necessary to work with the Linux network operating systems in a network administration environment.
- Maintains a focus on quality, classroom usability, and a hands-on experience for your students.
- Discovery Exercises incorporate real-world experiences to make the coverage realistic and meaningful beyond just a list of technical features, and Review Questions test readers' understanding of critical information.
|Linux for Beginners: An Introduction to the Linux Operating System and Command Line
Lowest new price: $13.15
Lowest used price: $15.36
List price: $14.99
Author: Jason Cannon
If you want to learn how to use Linux, but don't know where to start read on.
Knowing where to start when learning a new skill can be a challenge, especially when the topic seems so vast. There can be so much information available that you can't even decide where to start. Or worse, you start down the path of learning and quickly discover too many concepts, commands, and nuances that aren't explained. This kind of experience is frustrating and leaves you with more questions than answers.
Linux for Beginners doesn't make any assumptions about your background or knowledge of Linux. You need no prior knowledge to benefit from this book. You will be guided step by step using a logical and systematic approach. As new concepts, commands, or jargon are encountered they are explained in plain language, making it easy for anyone to understand.
Here is what you will learn by reading Linux for Beginners:
What you learn in "Linux for Beginners" applies to any Linux environment including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, RedHat, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Slackware, and more.
- How to get access to a Linux server if you don't already.
- What a Linux distribution is and which one to choose.
- What software is needed to connect to Linux from Mac and Windows computers. Screenshots included.
- What SSH is and how to use it, including creating and using SSH keys.
- The file system layout of Linux systems and where to find programs, configurations, and documentation.
- The basic Linux commands you'll use most often.
- Creating, renaming, moving, and deleting directories.
- Listing, reading, creating, editing, copying, and deleting files.
- Exactly how permissions work and how to decipher the most cryptic Linux permissions with ease.
- How to use the nano, vi, and emacs editors.
- Two methods to search for files and directories.
- How to compare the contents of files.
- What pipes are, why they are useful, and how to use them.
- How to compress files to save space and make transferring data easy.
- How and why to redirect input and output from applications.
- How to customize your shell prompt.
- How to be efficient at the command line by using aliases, tab completion, and your shell history.
- How to schedule and automate jobs using cron.
- How to switch users and run processes as others.
- Where to go for even more in-depth coverage on each topic.
Scroll up, click the Buy Now With 1 Click button and get started learning Linux today!
|LPIC-1/CompTIA Linux+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (Exams LPIC-1/LX0-101 & LX0-102)
Lowest new price: $25.72
Lowest used price: $21.75
List price: $50.00
Author: Robb Tracy
LPIC-1/CompTIA Linux+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Exams LPIC-1/LXO-101 & LXO-102
Get complete coverage of all the objectives included on the LPIC-1 and CompTIA LXO-101 and LXO-102 exams inside this comprehensive resource. Written by a Linux expert and technology trainer, LPIC-1/CompTIA Linux+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide includes learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, exam tips, practice exam questions, and in-depth explanations. Designed to help you pass all three exams with ease, this comprehensive guide also serves as an essential on-the-job reference.
COVERS ALL EXAM TOPICS, INCLUDING HOW TO:
- Work with the Linux shell
- Use the vi text editor
- Manage Linux files and directories
- Install Linux and manage the boot process
- Configure the graphical environment
- Manage software and hardware
- Manage users, groups, file systems, and processes
- Administer ownership, permissions, and quotas
- Write shell scripts
- Manage network settings and services
- Secure Linux and use encryption
- 150+ practice exam questions
- PDF copy of the book
- 50+ video training clips from the author
Robb Tracy, CNE, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Linux+, has designed and implemented technical training products and curricula for major hardware and software vendors, including Novell, Micron Technology, and Messaging Architects, Inc. He has also served on industry-wide certification committees and is a cofounder of Nebo Technical Institute, Inc., a leading provider of information technology training and consulting. Robb is the author of CompTIA Linux+ Certification Study Guide and other books.
Page 1 of 91
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.