CF+ Type II
Packing 1 GB of data storage onto a disk the size of an American quarter, IBM's Microdrive holds up to one thousand high-resolution photographs, one thousand 200-page novels, or nearly 18 hours of high-quality digital-audio music.
The 1 GB Microdrive brings affordable high-capacity, high-performance data storage to a variety of handheld electronic products, including digital cameras, handheld PCs, PDAs, portable Internet music players, and video cameras. It can also serve as a data-exchange accessory to notebook computers, desktop computers, and printers. Future applications may include wearable computers, electronic books, GPS receivers, smart phones, and electronic wallets.
- Provides high-capacity, high-performance removable storage for up to 1 GB in a one-inch hard disk drive
- Integrates with a variety of handheld devices through use of the industry- standard CF+ Type II format
- Provides reliable storage for digital cameras, handheld PCs, digital audio players, laptops, and other portable handheld devices
- Incorporates leading-edge IBM technologies such as giant magnetoresistive (GMR) head technology, Enhanced Adaptive Battery Life Extender 3.0, others
- Includes a PC Card (PCMCIA) adapter for use with notebook computers