|Browse by Catagory:
Business & Office
Cross Platform & Virtualization
Language & Travel
|Celestron Sky Maps
Lowest new price: $29.89
Lowest used price: $29.95
List price: $31.95
Celestron Sky Maps are the ideal teaching companion for the Celestron telescope series. The front cover of this book of constellations features a rotating planisphere that tracks the seasonal paths of the stars and other celestial objects. After pre-exposure to light, the planisphere constellations glow against their background, just like the night sky! The Celestron Sky Maps book features an illustrated reference section that catalogues over 1,000 stars and other objects of the night sky. Printed on heavyweight, moisture-resistant card stock, the pages of this book can be laid flat or folded over for easy viewing. This is a great "road map" to the night skies, and an excellent navigational tool for learning constellations. Celestron Sky Maps are the ideal teaching guide for learning the night sky. You wouldn’t set off on a road trip without a road map, and you don’t need to try to navigate the night sky without a map either. Even if you already know your way around the major constellations, these maps can help you locate all kinds of fascinating objects. The front cover has a specially designed luminous planisphere that rotates to simulate the seasonal progression of celestial objects through the sky. When the planisphere is pre-exposed to light, star positions glow brightly against a dark background, mimicking actual constellations. More than a thousand stars and deep-sky objects are listed and charted. The illustrated reference section provides basic information and the visual characteristics of various types of stars, nebulae and galaxies. The maps measure 13¼" x 11¼" and are printed on a heavyweight, moisture resistant card stock. The pages have a special comb binding so they can lay flat or be folded over. Your map to locate objects in the night sky Front cover features rotating planisphere picture. Lists over 1,000 stars. Tracks path of stars and other celestial objects. Companion tool for Celestron telescopes.
- Ideal teaching tool for learning the night's sky
- Specially designed cover rotates to simulate the seasonal progression of celestial objects
- Illustrated reference section provides basic information and the visual characteristics of various types of stars, nebulae and galaxies
|Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Software
Lowest new price: $49.95
Lowest used price: $50.00
List price: $0.00
Brand: Starry Night
If you're new to astronomy or looking for the perfect gift for someone interested in the stars, this new edition of Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Software has everything you need to get started. With direct, easy-to-understand explanations and impressive visuals of all kinds of night sky phenomena, Complete Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Software is the perfect way to share the wonders of the universe with your entire family. Satisfy your curiosity about the universe without having to do more than point, click and explore. Find out what it is like to be an astronaut in spaceship mode where you can travel to the edges of the known universe. See what the universe looked like thousands of years ago or what it will look like thousands of years from now. As new discoveries are made, the new objects will automatically update into the software! You'll never be lost in space with these stellar planetarium-in-a-box that gets you up and viewing in minutes. Over 15 new features for Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy version 6.3 include: new planets and their moons, 5 additional photorealistic horizon panoramas, animated trips between planets now include visually appealing planet avoidance, saturn's rings and ring shadows more precise than ever, moons can now be added to dwarf planets, add or edit planet surface images or 3DS model assignments, and much more!
- Ideal software set for those new to the hobby of astronomy, or those looking for a great gift for anyone interested in the night sky
- Starry Night is a great way to view the wonders of the universe from your computer
- Spaceship Mode allows you to use a joystick to travel beyond the Milky Way
- Version 6.3 includes 15+ new features
- Sophisticated desktop planetarium software with 50 guided tours
|Redshift 7 Compact
Lowest new price: $19.99
List price: $24.90
Brand: Redshift Compact
Redshift 7 Compact Edition is for aspiring astronomers. Simulate the sky for any given date or time as well as build substantial knowledge about the most important celestial objects.
- Realistic 3-D Model of our galxy iwth impressive 3-D flight
- More than 2.5 million stars, planets, and deep sky objects
- Includes exoplanets and dwarf planets
- New horizon panoramas for Earth, Moon and Mars
- 10 multimedia tours teaching astronomy
|Land Before Time Prehistoric Adventures
Lowest new price: $3.80
Lowest used price: $1.00
List price: $19.99
Brand: Brighter Minds
Important learning experiences are built into entertaining and engaging activities with an emphasis on creativity and teamwork as children work with their dino pals to construct stories, animated scenes, musical interludes and printable crafts.
Features: Play interactive games with your favorite dinosaur pals Fun and educational activities are rewarded with magical seeds and printable award certificates. Kids will learn preschool and kindergarten concepts such as alphabet, shapes, colors patterns and number recognition. Watch your child develop concentration, creativity, confidence, object recognition and problem-solving skills while having fun.
- Play interactive learning games with fun dinosaur pals
- Learn preschool and kindergarten concepts; 3 different skill levels
- Rewards include magical seeds and printable award certificates
- Full-color playing cards for away-from-the-computer fun
- For ages 4 to 6
Lowest new price: $31.83
List price: $39.99
Brand: Interactive Learning, Inc.
PhysicsTutor Excalibur is a complete, interactive physics tutorial on CD that covers the full physics curriculum from high school physics through the first two semesters of college physics. PhysicsTutor Excalibur teaches physics using a unique, time-saving approach that students really like. PhysicsTutor Excalibur teaches each of the concepts of physics by way of example. This puts each concept into context for a student and makes the concepts easier to understand. Students find this approach much more understandable than the approach that most textbooks take in which concepts are explained in only abstract terms. Here is how PhysicsTutor Excalibur works: 1. First, it breaks down the study of physics into 20 manageable subject areas. 2. When you select a tutorial in one of these 20 subject areas, PhysicsTutor Excalibur displays a question that you will need to be able to answer once you have mastered that subject area of physics. If you already understand how to solve that type of problem, you can go ahead and answer it. However, if you have no idea how to answer that question, you can click on the LEARN button. 3. This will bring up a screen that explains the concept associated with that question and shows you how to, in general, approach that type of question. 4. Then try to answer the question. If you still have difficulty with the question, click on the EXPLANATION button. 5. This will bring up a screen that shows you, in detail, how to solve that specific problem. 6. After you have correctly answered a question, click on the NEXT QUESTION button. 7. Depending on the difficulty of the concept, this will either display another similar question associated with that same concept or a new question that is associated with another concept in that subject area. Compared to reading a traditional physics textbook, PhysicsTutor Excalibur is a much more efficient and effective way to learn physics.
- Interactive physics course
- Covers high school and first-year college physics
- 20 subject areas with comprehensive tutorials
- Interactive quizzes and a range of practice exams
- Helps raise grades and test scores
|Medical Library Body Works Version 6.0
Lowest new price: $29.95
Lowest used price: $9.99
List price: $29.99
BodyWorks 6.0 is a 3D journey through the human anatomy. Powerful search features provide you with detailed information right at your fingertips. And educational activities make learning a snap. Plus, with rotating 3D models and multimedia, it's as engaging as it is informative.
- More than 1,500 topics and 400,000 words of text
- More than 160 images including 80 rotating 3-D models
- 15 lectures presented by your personal instructor
- More than 1,800 anatomic and 300 medical terms defined
- Correct pronunciation of more than 1,400 anatomic terms
|Topics Presents: Animals (4 CD Set)
Lowest new price: $9.89
Lowest used price: $4.99
List price: $29.99
Brand: Topics Entertainment
Games, guides, a glossary--even a growl or two: you're outfitted for the ultimate zoological adventure with Topics Presents Animals, the CD-ROM suite of activities and reference for the entire family. From mammals to reptiles, exotics to domestics, the wide, wild world of creatures big and small comes to you in vivid on-screen detail on four dynamic discs. GeoSafari Animals tests your knowledge of birdcalls or animal tracks, just two of its 15 adjustable-skill-level games for one to four players. Identify over 100 species of unusual animals by utilizing some surprising methods contained in The Ultimate Field Guide for Larger Southern African Mammals. Learn the amazing differences--and a few astounding similarities--between the three creature categories in Fishes, Reptiles, and Amphibians. And little ones get a chance to join in the interactive fun with Animals of the World, a menagerie of beastly pictures, facts, and games--even animal sounds! Children and adults; students and the critter-curious--there's something to reward the entire herd in Topics Presents Animals.
- Features: Games and guides to hundreds of animal species around the globe! Full-color photos, animations, and video Ideal for all ages Includes Africa's Natural Realms: a bonus, 20- by 31-inch, foldout map from National Geographic!
- Increase your Animal I.Q. with these 15 games designed for all ages and skill levels. Perfect for solitaire or four-person play, GeoSafari Animals features dynamic video and full-color photography and animation, as well as printable guides and activity sheets, to bring creatures and their habitat to life. Just a few of the 15 games inside: Shark! Name That Bird Call Skulls Dog Show Weird World of Animals
- The Ultimate Field Guide for Larger Southern African Mammals An unparalleled reference resource for information and identification of over 100 regional species, this Ultimate Field Guide lives up to its name. Detailed and user-friendly, the disc features 3 unusual keys to mammal identification: research by animal tracks, animal silhouette, or animal dung. Features include: Three unique I.D. keys to 100+ species Audio animal calls 5,000+ hyperlinks for cross-reference Four screen savers Printable quick-reference page
- Fishes, Reptiles, and Amphibians Lungs or gills? Water or land? Scales or skin? Learn the how, where, and what of the three categories of animal life with fishes, reptiles, and amphibians on CD-ROM. Use the helpful browser to wade amongst the detailed photos, vivid illustrations, and expert content written to be accessible to all ages. Preview a video, access the Internet, or copy and print your research to really make a splash! Capabilities include: Finding topics, text, photos, and video Close-ups Copying and printing Animals of the World Interactive, educational, and especially for kids: Animals of the World on CD-ROM is the next best thing to a day at the zoo! Divided into three sections, the disc introduces young eyes to a vast collection of creatures--both well-known and surprising--utilizing pictures and child-friendly text in the Animal Encyclopedia. Then it's time for furry and finny fun with Spot the Difference and Animal Quiz, two game sections rewarding the eagle-eyed and those as wise as an owl. Features include: Three kid-friendly sections for animal games and learning Easily navigatable menus Bright, colorful graphics 100s of animal pictures and facts Fun animal sounds Six animal screen-savers
|I Love Science! 1.1 [Old Version]
Lowest new price: $5.48
Lowest used price: $0.58
List price: $19.99
Brand: Global Software Publishing
Send your science grades soaring (and have a blast doing it)! In three experiment-filled labs you’ll discover amazing facts and important principles about everyday science that’s all around you. Over 100 interactive ones make it fun (and safe) to do!
- Over 100 science experiments
- 1,000 science problems
- 60 non-computer experiments
- Hundreds of science reference screens
- Teacher help print-outs
Lowest new price: $35.08
Lowest used price: $31.08
List price: $39.95
Brand: Interactive Learning, Inc.
ChemTutor Excalibur is an interactive course that covers chemistry from high school up through the first year of college. Each of this edition's 20 subject areas offers a comprehensive tutorial and quiz section that tests mastery. Structured to enable learning by discovery, the tutorials also add interactivity and immediate feedback that reinforce learning. Students study at their own pace and move freely through the subjects, skipping those they already know. One of ChemTutor Excalibur's best features is a practice-exam section that prepares students for finals, as well as the SAT II Subject Test in Chemistry, the AP Chemistry Exam, and state proficiency exams like the New York State Regents Exam in Chemistry. Reviewed and well received by chemistry faculty and students alike, ChemTutor Excalibur raises grades and test scores, while students learn and have fun with chemistry.
Lowest new price: $42.00
List price: $19.99
Brand: Pearson Software
InventorLabs invites you to enter the world of three great inventors who gave wings--and wheels--to all mankind. Meet the Wright brothers and help them build their revolutionary flying machine. Visit the turn-of-the-century workshop of Gottlieb Daimler, and explore his groundbreaking 1901 Mercedes automobile. Then tour George Stephenson's cottage, where you'll reinvent the world's first practical steam locomotive. Science springs to life in a fascinating, hands-on celebration of man in motion.
You'll be transported to another world to wander through each workroom, to open drawers, examine tools, and explore real drawings, patents, and notebooks. Meet the extraordinary men who invented the future. Probe the innermost workings of their remarkable vehicles. Then test your wits by conducting dozens of experiments, each with many unique outcomes. Like the great inventors, you'll learn from your failures as much as your accomplishments.
A User Workbook allows you to record your progress as you master the art of scientific observation, experimentation, and analysis. You'll build modern-day skills as you solve the great engineering puzzles of yesteryear.
Create your own crazy car, boat, or glider. Here's your chance to design the ultimate, strategically sound vehicle. Choose an engine, battery, and chassis, then add extras such as wings, solar panels, and more. Race your creation in over a dozen challenging courses with photorealistic objects and obstacles.
Page 1 of 61
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.