|Browse by Catagory:
Business & Office
Cross Platform & Virtualization
Language & Travel
|Celestron Sky Maps
Lowest new price: $19.89
Lowest used price: $14.95
List price: $24.95
Ideal teaching tool for learning the night's sky Specially designed cover rotates to simulate the seasonal progression of celestial objects Illustrated reference section provides basic information and the visual characteristics of various types of stars, nebulae and galaxies
- Ideal teaching tool for learning the night's sky
- Specially designed cover rotates to simulate the seasonal progression of celestial objects
- Illustrated reference section provides basic information and the visual characteristics of various types of stars, nebulae and galaxies
|High School Advantage 2004
Lowest new price: $9.99
Lowest used price: $0.99
List price: $39.99
High School Advantage 2004 makes your children more engaged in learning. It features the tutorials and lessons they need, presented in a fun, interactive way -- to improve their academic performances! Understand the workings of the universe when you study physics Master English and Spanish to write great papers and communicate well in two languages Learn how a small group of colonies became a wealthy, powerful nation through studying U.S. History Bonus - SAT and ACT Test Prep to help you get higher test scores & get into college!
- Comprehensive coverage of 10 crucial high school subjects - Biology, Algebra, Physics, Geometry, Chemistry, U.S. History, Spanish, Writing, Trigonometry and World History
- Study 26 essential algebra topics -- master everything from Exponents to Logarithmic Functions
- Numerous exercises and tutorials help advance geometry skills
- Trigonometry lessons are fully illustrated, with pre & post-study test to gauge improvement
- Master the scientific method and understand how life works, with these powerful chemistry & biology lessons
|National Geographics The 90's
Lowest used price: $3.50
|Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Software
Lowest new price: $49.95
List price: $0.00
Brand: Starry Night
If you're new to astronomy or looking for the perfect gift for someone interested in the stars, this new edition of Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Software has everything you need to get started. With direct, easy-to-understand explanations and impressive visuals of all kinds of night sky phenomena, Complete Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Software is the perfect way to share the wonders of the universe with your entire family. Satisfy your curiosity about the universe without having to do more than point, click and explore. Find out what it is like to be an astronaut in spaceship mode where you can travel to the edges of the known universe. See what the universe looked like thousands of years ago or what it will look like thousands of years from now. As new discoveries are made, the new objects will automatically update into the software! You'll never be lost in space with these stellar planetarium-in-a-box that gets you up and viewing in minutes. Over 15 new features for Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy version 6.3 include: new planets and their moons, 5 additional photorealistic horizon panoramas, animated trips between planets now include visually appealing planet avoidance, saturn's rings and ring shadows more precise than ever, moons can now be added to dwarf planets, add or edit planet surface images or 3DS model assignments, and much more!
- Ideal software set for those new to the hobby of astronomy, or those looking for a great gift for anyone interested in the night sky
- Starry Night is a great way to view the wonders of the universe from your computer
- Spaceship Mode allows you to use a joystick to travel beyond the Milky Way
- Version 6.3 includes 15+ new features
- Sophisticated desktop planetarium software with 50 guided tours
|Wolfram Mathematica 9 Home Edition (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Lowest new price: $275.00
List price: $295.00
Brand: Wolfram Research
You have a thousand ideas and no tool to make them a reality. You're interested in astronomy, and you want an easy way to map the solar system. Or you want to evaluate the financial market to decide when to sell some stocks. Mathematica Home Edition is the only tool that will let you do all of those things, and a lot more.
Mathematica Home Edition is the world's most powerful integrated computation system for non-professional use by hobbyists and enthusiasts alike, offering an affordable solution for individuals interested in personal use.
Why You Should Use Mathematica Home Edition
Compute as you think: Mathematica Home Edition allows you to interact with it any way you want. You can type your commands in plain English--it doesn't get any easier than that.
Interactive examples: You can begin exploring Mathematica Home Edition with thousands of existing interactive examples from the Wolfram Demonstrations Project.
Wolfram Predictive Interface: Explore Mathematica's functionality and discover new ways to analyze data or visualize results. Intelligent autocompletion and optimized suggestions about what to do next mean you'll never run out of ideas.
Access to multiple data sources: Mathematica Home Edition contains more than 10 trillion (and always increasing) pieces of curated data taken directly from Wolfram|Alpha. Plus, finding, importing, and formatting data from outside sources is easy for just about every format you can imagine.
Interactive documents: Organize your data, reports, notes, code, and presentations in a single interactive file or application with the Computable Document Format. Share your work on the web or as standalone documents or applications in a variety of formats, including PDFs, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, or Microsoft Word documents.
- Ultimate computational application for non-professional use by hobbyists, enthusiasts, and others
- New Predictive Interface to navigate and discover functionality throughout the product
- Flexible interactive documents to share data, reports, presentations, apps, and more
- Broad coverage of data science, image processing, engineering, finance, and mathematics
- Linguistic input that lets you type your commands in plain English with absolutely no coding needed
|The Human Body
Lowest new price: $21.99
Lowest used price: $2.27
List price: $19.99
Brand: Fogware Publishing
Take an in-depth look at nature's most amazing machine How do white blood cells work? What are the names of all the bones in your hand? Have you ever asked yourself these questions? With the Visual Guide to The Human Body, you will find all the answers you're looking for plus much more. This amazing software illustrates in detail all the structures and aspects of the human body while providing detailed descriptions of every body part, system and functino.
With its stunning visual content, The Visual Guides Human Body takes you on a unique tour of our organism and reveals the fascinating secrets of the human body. This remarkable software makes the human body come alive with numerous high-quality videos that show many of the fascinating structures and processes in motion, including the nervous system, the five senses, blood circulation, respiration and nutrition, reproduction, the architecture of the body, the body's building blocks, and more.
The Visual Guides Human Body takes you on a unique tour of our organism and reveals the fascinating secrets of the human body. Click to enlarge.
Detailed interactive diagrams let you explore and understand the complex systems and organs that keep the body functioning. Dramatic animations clearly show how intricate body processes work and allow you to explore the amazing automatic functions of the body, including how the digestive system works through an intricate series of organs and glands. Impressive cutaway illustrations provide insights into the anatomy of complex systems, such as the human eye. Full-color photos catalog the various structures and components that make up the human body.
Through these, as well as dramatic x-rays and fascinating electron microscope images, you'll gain a new understanding and appreciation for the human body and have a fabulous time listening, reading, and learning how the human body works. Whether you're a student, teacher, or simply interested in human biology, you're sure to find this software an incredibly fascinating educational experience. Works on a PC, Mac, and includes content for the iPod, for access anywhere, anytime.
The Visual Guides Human Body also includes the Merriam-Webster Medical Desk Dictionary. This highly acclaimed software will help you find the answers you need to communicate in health-care settings, follow the latest medical discoveries, or complete insurance and medical forms.
Amazing visuals including video, animations, photographs, diagrams, cutaways, illustrations, and more. Click to enlarge.
Detailed interactive diagrams let you explore and understand the complex systems and organs that keep the body functioning. Click to enlarge.
Impressive cutaway illustrations provide insights into the anatomy of complex systems. Click to enlarge.
Video Library includes more than 50 informative videos. Click to enlarge.
Includes thousands of human body structures and processes. Click to enlarge.
- Excellent resource for anyone interested in human biology
- Comprehensive--includes thousands of human body structures and processes
- Amazing visuals including video, animations, photographs, diagrams, cutaways, illustrations, and more
- Video Library includes more than 50 informative videos
- Encyclopedia of the Human Body
- Atlas of the Human Body
- Includes the full Merriam-Webster Medical Desk Dictionary
- PC/Mac and iPod
- Plug & Play: No need to install or swap multiple disks, just load the DVD-ROM and play
Video Library includes:
The Human Body
The Body's Building Blocks:
- The Human Cell
- Chromosomes & DNA
- Cellular Activity
- Body Tissues
The Architecture of the Body:
- The Skin
- Bone Structure
- Bone Growth
- The Skeleton
- The Head
- The Spine
- The Hand & The Foot
- The Joints
- The Muscles
- Muscle Tissue
The Nervous System:
- The Central Nervous System
- The Cerebrum
- The Nerves
- The Motor Functions of The Nervous System
The Five Senses:
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Blood Vessels
- The Heart
- The Lymphatic System
- The Endocrine System
- The Urinary System
Respiration & Nutrition:
- The Digestive System
- The Teeth
- The Stomach
- The Intestines
- The Liver, Pancreas, and Gallbladder
- The Male Genital Organs
- The Female Genital Organs
- The Life of The Embryo
- The Visual Guides Human Body helps you gain a new understanding and appreciation for the human body and have a fabulous time listening, reading, and learning how the human body works
- Detailed interactive diagrams let you explore and understand the complex systems and organs that keep the body functioning
- High-quality videos show many of the fascinating structures and processes in motion, including the nervous system, the five senses, blood circulation, respiration and nutrition, reproduction, and more
- Includes the Merriam-Webster Medical Desk Dictionary for the answers you need to communicate in health-care settings, follow the latest medical discoveries, or complete insurance and medical forms
- Works on a PC, Mac, and includes content for the iPod, for access anywhere, anytime
Lowest new price: $37.99
Lowest used price: $33.99
List price: $39.95
Brand: Interactive Learning, Inc.
ChemTutor Excalibur is an interactive course that covers chemistry from high school up through the first year of college. Each of this edition's 20 subject areas offers a comprehensive tutorial and quiz section that tests mastery. Structured to enable learning by discovery, the tutorials also add interactivity and immediate feedback that reinforce learning. Students study at their own pace and move freely through the subjects, skipping those they already know. One of ChemTutor Excalibur's best features is a practice-exam section that prepares students for finals, as well as the SAT II Subject Test in Chemistry, the AP Chemistry Exam, and state proficiency exams like the New York State Regents Exam in Chemistry. Reviewed and well received by chemistry faculty and students alike, ChemTutor Excalibur raises grades and test scores, while students learn and have fun with chemistry.
|Visible Body 3D Human Anatomy Atlas 2 [Download]
Lowest new price: $39.99
List price: $39.99
Brand: Visible Body
3D Human Anatomy Atlas 2 is the most robust human anatomy learning and teaching app on the market. It includes male and female models, each with over 3,400 anatomical structures. All the structures in both models are rendered in true 3D. The user can view any combination of anatomy, rotate freely, and adjust the zoom area. Each structure includes definitions with detailed information about location, form, function and physiology. Atlas 2 provides a powerful visual reference tool for healthcare professionals and a lab-like study aide for students.
• Access hundreds of preset views. Study by body system or body region. Click on the thumbnail to launch the 3D model.
• Create your own view. Display over 3,400 anatomical structures by using the keyword search or index listing.
• Rotate, zoom, hide, or fade structures to study anatomy from any angle and with any combination of anatomical structures.
• Click on an anatomical structure to learn more: get its name, location, and the system of which it is part; read definitions that explain form, function, and physiology.
• Create and save your own Views. Annotate images; save them or email them to your friends.
The latest release, 3D Human Anatomy Atlas 2, adds over 1,000 structures to the male and female models, for a total of over 3,400 structures in each model.
• Anatomy structures added in version 2:
- 150 new structures added to the brain and peripheral nervous system.
- 250 new ligaments added to the skeleton.
- 100 + muscles added throughout the back/spine and in the limb extremities.
- 200+ lymphatic structures, including major vessels, node groups, and ducts.
• Functionality added to version 2:
- Create and save your own Views
- Annotate on-screen images and save them or share them with friends.
• Enhanced tissue textures: More realistic textures added to bones, muscles, and major organs, including the heart and lungs.
2 gHz Pentium 4 processor, or better
3D-enabled, dedicated video card with 64+ MB on-board RAM
1024x768 screen resolution, or better
- New Release: 3D Human Anatomy Atlas 2 has over 1,000 more structures, realistic tissue textures, and the ability to create and save your own Views.
- Ranked #1 anatomy app for iPad by iMedicalApps! "Rarely does an app come along and knocks my socks off, but Visible Body is one of those apps. ... Ideal for students and teachers of anatomy, as well as for patient education." ? iMedicalApps
- Medgadget calls the graphics, "nothing short of breath-taking ... All-in-all this is one of the best anatomy applications available for any platform, and is definitely recommended for those learning basic anatomy."
- Award of Excellence, Association of Medical Illustrators, 2011
|Egyptian Hieroglyphs Made Easy (CD-ROM)
Lowest new price: $29.95
List price: $89.99
Brand: Smiles Productions
Learning and understanding of the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic language. The hieroglyphic script was the longest lived and earliest form of the Egyptian language. Its use was limited primarily to religious and monumental inscriptions, whereas a more cursive script called hieratic was preferred for administrative and epistolary purposes. Hieroglyphic Egyptian employs pictures of objects, each with its own value, to form a complex system in which some signs represent sounds (phonetic signs), and others represent meaning (logograms). All hieroglyphic signs can be divided into five basic types: Consonants or Monoliteral Signs, Bi-Consonant or Biliteral Signs, Tri-Consonants or Triliterals Signs, Logograms, and Determinatives. Monoliteral signs represent a single consonant like "b" or "p." Biliteral signs stand for two consonants like "ms," "km" or "kp." Triliteral signs stand for three consonant like "nfr" or "wsr."
- Egyptian Hieroglyphics: All hieroglyphic signs can be divided into five basic types: Consonants or Monoliteral Signs, Bi-Consonant or Biliteral Signs, T
- Monoliteral signs represent a single consonant like "b" or "p."
- Triliteral signs stand for three consonant like "nfr" or "wsr."
- Biliteral signs stand for two consonants like "ms," "km" or "kp."
- Logograms are signs that represent concepts or entire words, such as "pr" meaning "house." . Language of the Pharoahs
Lowest new price: $36.19
List price: $39.99
Brand: Interactive Learning, Inc.
PhysicsTutor Excalibur is a complete, interactive physics tutorial on CD that covers the full physics curriculum from high school physics through the first two semesters of college physics. PhysicsTutor Excalibur teaches physics using a unique, time-saving approach that students really like. PhysicsTutor Excalibur teaches each of the concepts of physics by way of example. This puts each concept into context for a student and makes the concepts easier to understand. Students find this approach much more understandable than the approach that most textbooks take in which concepts are explained in only abstract terms. Here is how PhysicsTutor Excalibur works: 1. First, it breaks down the study of physics into 20 manageable subject areas. 2. When you select a tutorial in one of these 20 subject areas, PhysicsTutor Excalibur displays a question that you will need to be able to answer once you have mastered that subject area of physics. If you already understand how to solve that type of problem, you can go ahead and answer it. However, if you have no idea how to answer that question, you can click on the LEARN button. 3. This will bring up a screen that explains the concept associated with that question and shows you how to, in general, approach that type of question. 4. Then try to answer the question. If you still have difficulty with the question, click on the EXPLANATION button. 5. This will bring up a screen that shows you, in detail, how to solve that specific problem. 6. After you have correctly answered a question, click on the NEXT QUESTION button. 7. Depending on the difficulty of the concept, this will either display another similar question associated with that same concept or a new question that is associated with another concept in that subject area. Compared to reading a traditional physics textbook, PhysicsTutor Excalibur is a much more efficient and effective way to learn physics.
- Interactive physics course
- Covers high school and first-year college physics
- 20 subject areas with comprehensive tutorials
- Interactive quizzes and a range of practice exams
- Helps raise grades and test scores
Page 1 of 88
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.