|4M Crystal Mining Kit
Lowest new price: $9.44
List price: $10.99
Excavate your own natural crystals. Learn fun facts and add them to your rock collection. It's a cool mineral rock digging kit. Contains 8 natural crystals embedded in a plaster block, a specially designed digging tool, brush and a leather storage pouch.
- 8 crystals embedded in a plaster block for you to excavate.
- Specially designed digging tool
- Fun facts included
- Crystals can be polished in a rock tumbler
|3D Solar System
Lowest new price: $14.95
Lowest used price: $13.02
List price: $19.99
Brand: University Games
What a stellar set!
- With the 3D Solar System from Great Explorations, you can watch the glowing universe in your own room
- This beautiful set comes with a host of fascinating planetary facts
- Includes over 200 glow-in-the-dark planets and stars with our Lifetime Glow Guarantee
- All Great Explorations products include the Lifetime Glow Guarantee
- Great Explorations products encourage kids to imagine and create as they explore the world around them
|Break Your Own Geodes
Lowest new price: $8.04
List price: $12.99
What's a geode? It's a geological rock formation that contains a cavity lined with crystals. The most common "find" inside a geode is clear quartz crystals, but some have colored crystals. There's no way to tell what's inside a geode until you break it apart-but that's the most exciting part! Kit includes 10 geodes in assorted sizes, instructions for safely breaking the geodes, and educational information. A great party activity for ages 8 and up. Size: approx. 1"-2". WARNING CHOKING HAZARD. Not for under 3 yrs.
- Discover the Wonders of Our World
- Breaking open geodes is fun and educational
- Contains:10 Break-Your-Own Geodes sized 1 3/4"-2 1/4"
- Label explains geological formation of geodes and gives safety instructions for breaking
- A great gift for any rock enthusiast
|Gemstone Collection Box
Lowest new price: $7.11
List price: $9.99
This beautiful collection of polished gemstones is a must for the beginner or seasoned gemstone collector. It comes with a variety of 25 different Gemstones.
Mineral samples range between 3/8 - 1/2 inch
- This beautiful collection of polished gemstones is a must for the beginner or seasoned gemstone collector. It comes with a variety of 25 different Gemstones. Mineral samples range between 3/8 - 1/2 inch
- Ages 3+
- Box Color Varies
|4M Weather Station Kit
Lowest new price: $7.85
List price: $11.99
Observe and record the weather with your own multi-functional weather station. The kit features a wind vane, an anemometer, a thermometer and a rain gauge. Also experiment with the greenhouse effect and create a terrarium in a bottle. Recommend for ages 8 years and up.
- Learn about your climate while tracking weather changes and conducting experiments on the greenhouse effect
- Completed station measures 8.5"X4.75"
- Includes everything you need and assembly instructions
- Also create a terrarium
- Create a "Green Science" project
|Educational Insights Geosafari Motorized Solar System
Lowest new price: $24.53
Lowest used price: $18.70
List price: $32.99
Brand: Educational Insights
Introduce the Solar System Model to children
Children will be able to see the sun’s light illuminating the planets.
The Motorized Solar System and Planetarium takes the abstract concept of the solar system and brings it to life with light and motion. The activities make for a powerful, hands-on learning experience. To teach children about stars and constellations, use the star dome to transform any classroom into a planetarium.
- Central tower
- Eight planet orbs plus one dwarf planet orb with identifying planetary symbols*
- Nine metal rods, one for each of the eight planets plus one for Pluto
- Sun sphere (with symbol)
- Northern Hemisphere star dome
- Krypton bulb
Seeing the model in action—revolving, with the light on—is a good starting point for children to learn about the solar system. If looking over the model from the sun’s north pole, the planets orbit in a counter-clockwise direction. Dimming lights in the room where you use this model will make the demonstration more dramatic. In a darkened room, children will be able to see the sun’s light illuminating the planets. In addition, the black support rods and tower will be less visible.
- The sun is at the center of the solar system.
- Earth is one of eight planets in our solar system.
- The planets travel around the sun constantly.
- The planets move in generally circular patterns called orbits.
- The sun gives off energy. The planets absorb and reflect this energy.
- All the planets move in the same direction and on the same plane as they orbit the sun.
- Each planet orbits the sun within a flat “slice of space.” Each travels in a basically circular path, without going up and down.
- The planets, as a group, also travel within a fairly flat “slice of space.”
- We see the universe from a particular location on Earth. Our view of the planets and stars is affected by our location.
- Observe the vastness of space in a dramatic light show
- Base features planetary longitude marks so the planets can be set up to their correct positions
- A/C adapter not included
- Includes a Stardome that converts the unit to a planetarium
- The central tower and the planetary support rods are black so that they "disappear" in a darkened room for a spectacular effect
- The unique stardome converts the unit into a planetarium
|Tornado Tube - Assorted Colors
Lowest new price: $1.95
Brand: American Science & Surplus
Simple, yet clever 1" dia. by 3" long plastic device to demonstrate the vortex effect of a tornado. Partially fill with water one of the two half-gallon size plastic soda bottles which you supply. Screw the bottles into opposite ends of the tube which we supply.
Tip so the full bottle is on top and give it a circular starting whirl. Presto! You have a vortex. Call it a tornado if you're a meteorologist, a Charybdis if you're a classicist, or a whirlpool if you're into oceanography.
Lots of fun and a fine opportunity to attempt to explain the effects of the earth's rotation on water draining out of a bathtub. The phenomena are related we're told, but good luck!!
- Includes 1 tornado tube
- Simple, yet clever 1" dia. by 3" long plastic device to demonstrate the vortex effect of a tornado. Instructions included on back of packaging.
- See Product Description for more detailed information.
- Assorted Colors of Tornado Tube- may not be same color as pictured
|Toysmith Rock Science Kit
Lowest new price: $6.79
List price: $9.99
This is a great kit for the young rock hound where he/she can learn to test, classify & identify the three types of general rocks. Included in this Rock Science Kit are five rocks in each of the 3 major rock classifications: Igneous: Igneous rocks are called fire rocks and are formed either under or above ground. Underground, they're formed when the melted rock, called magma, deep within the earth becomes trapped in small pockets. As the magma pockets cool slowly underground, the magma becomes igneous rocks. Igneous rocks are also formed when volcanoes erupt. Metamorphic: Metamorphic rocks are rocks that have "morphed" into another kind of rock. These rocks were once igneous or sedimentary rocks. Sedimentary: For thousands, even millions of years, little pieces of earth have been eroded--broken down and worn away by wind & water. These little bits of our earth are washed downstream where they settle to the bottom of the rivers, lakes, & oceans. Layer after layer of eroded earth is deposited on top of each. These layers are pressed down more and more through time, until the bottom layers slowly turn into rock. Learning is easy with the way each rock is numbered & referenced from the Identification chart, where you find the name & type of each rock. Great classroom source for your next geology lesson, or for use as a science fair project. Anyone will definitely enjoy learning with this hands-on Rock Science Kit! Whether you're a young student learning geology, or a rock hound by hobby, this is a great way to learn about rocks! Includes: * Instructions and Rock Identification Key: Provides instruction identifying common rocks. * Rock Specimens: The 15 specimens in this kit are examples of common rocks that have distinct physical characteristics. * Magnifying Lens: This is one of the most important tools for a petrogolist, because identifying rocks involves close observation. Warning: Choking hazard due to small parts. Not for children under 3 years old.
- Learn about the mystery of rocks
- Kit features 15 rock specimens, magnifying viewer and identification guide
- Discover the world around you
|Agate Light Table Slices (set of 12)
Lowest new price: $8.38
List price: $29.99
3 years & up. Bring science into the classroom. This set of 12 Agate slices will delight the little explorer in any child. Transparent quality of each slice allows children to see the layers caused by formations. Color and texture variations can open discussions about likes and differences. The possibilities are endless! Each slice measures approximately 1 1/2" wide.
- Bring science into the class room with this set of 12 Agate slices
- Each slice measures approximately 1 1/2" wide
|4M Volcano Making Kit
Lowest new price: $7.99
List price: $9.99
Geology rocks when you can cast, paint and erupt your very own volcano. Kit includes fast drying plaster, volcano shaped mold, paint, brush and stir stick. Finished volcano stands about 4" tall and can be erupted again and again. You will need rubber bands, baking soda and vinegar.
- Geology rocks when you can make your own 4-Inch tall erupting volcano
- Kit includes fast drying plaster, volcano mold, paint, paint brush and stir stick
- Requires baking soda and vinegar for eruption (not included)
- Detailed instructions included